Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Weird Hang Issue

I came back from some chores this evening, and fond the the Kobo that I had left plugged into my PC seemed to be dead. The screen displayed the Connected to your PC message, but it did not appear as a drive on the PC.

Nothing I could do would get the unit to reset; there was not even any light showing in the top right corner.

I tried the reset button and still had no luck.

Called customer support (around 8 pm eastern) and eventually spoke to a CSR. He agreeded that there was nothing else I could do, and arranged for me to go to a Chapters store tomorrow to exchange it.

Being cussed, I kepy trying, and finally got to the point where the unit started to flash on and off, and finally I could see it appear as a drive in Windows.

Finally it seems alright.

Not sure whether to exchange it or not.. Comments ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
mfpreach
Enthusiast
mfpreach began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
You have a year to decide whether to exchange it.
Use it more and see if the issue reoccurs.
mfpreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
X-change it like a you would with hormone replacement therapy
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yah... I experienced a second hang in exactly the same manner. Replacement here I come. All packed up now
Old 05-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I did the exchange; now to watch and see what happens. A VERY VERY painless process at the Kennedy Commons Chapters.

What was interesting was a comment from one of the staff who had bought one himself this morning that there was already a firmware update.. I did not have the sense to ask him though, how to obtain it.
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
I read somewhere on here that the Kobo desktop software will automatically check for and download firmware updates.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverJ View Post
I read somewhere on here that the Kobo desktop software will automatically check for and download firmware updates.
That's right - the desktop software will automatically download firmware updates as they become available
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote