Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 12-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
STK editor Software available

The download link has been available on the website for a while now, but now it seems like you can actually download the program.
I'm doing so right now and will see whether I get it to work. It's called "Beta1", so it will probably be incomplete, but I'll give it a spin and let you know how well it works...

UPDATE:

Installed Software, it gives me an error near the end (could not register) and then want to restart the computer.
After restart it does not work.
I tried installing it again, but no success, same error.
Uninstall gives the same "could not register" error and removes the desktop icon, but nothing else.
I'm on WindowsXP SP2 here...anyone else like to try? It didn't harm my system as far as I could tell and my virusscan and firewall didn't report anything so it should be safe.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 AM   #2
amanman
amanman began at the beginning.

Smile

Follow your suggestion, I go to eREAD page: http://download.stareread.com/en/stkdown.htm,
and download the "stk maker".

I can install the software, it seems that much funny than I think,
it's not only a ebook maker, can convert txet, jpg into their STK format, and even edit the file, but also it comes with a online reader. I get a lot of ebook from the isoshu protal. haha...
And moreover, I collect my photo and make my journey by stk maker. I hope that I will have a ebook device on hand.
interesting...
amanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2006, 04:48 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanman
I can install the software, it seems that much funny than I think,
it's not only a ebook maker, can convert txet, jpg into their STK format, and even edit the file, but also it comes with a online reader. I get a lot of ebook from the isoshu protal. haha...
Hmm, what's funny here? You aren't affiliated with eRead by any chance?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
These guy really need to work on their marketing... all these half-hearted "user reviews" are so cliched it's not even funny.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:06 AM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's too bad because they would have a great platform here to make their reader known to everyone. But not like this...
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Has anyone else tried the stk maker software yet? I'd like to know whether it's a problem only I encounter or whether it's a general problem with the software.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
Has anyone else tried the stk maker software yet? I'd like to know whether it's a problem only I encounter or whether it's a general problem with the software.
Nope. I have an issue with the software requirements:

Quote:
Minimum system requirements:
Which makes this software closed and proprietary. And makes the reader, for me, worthless.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:46 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

OK, I just talked to Ivan from Staretek again and he told me that he'll have his engineer look into the software problem. Seems to be a nice enough fellow this Ivan, communication works nicely right now, they apparently don't have any devices right now (sold out) but he'll get back to me as soon as he has one he can send me.

Sounds good so far, let's see where it goes from here...
Old 12-14-2006, 05:21 AM   #9
raevyn1
Connoisseur
raevyn1 doesn't litterraevyn1 doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony Reader, Treo 755p, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
Downloaded and installed on Win XP SP2 Tablet edition with no problems. Required restart after installation. Seemed to run fine, but didn't explore much as I'm not that interested in this reader currently. Uninstall was broken as noted by CommanderROR; required manual uninstall.
raevyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:50 AM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

@everybody:

Can some more peole please try the .stk maker software? I still can't get it to install, even if I deactivate my Anti-Virus...I want to know whether this is a problem with my system or a more widespread problem.
I get the "register failed" error at the end of the installation.
I'm using WindowsXP Professional with SP2
Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #11
Idontcare
Idontcare began at the beginning.

Device: none
i cant download this program can someone help me?
Idontcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #12
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
I'm not sure you can anymore. I think you have to download eRead software or something like this and it's in chinese.
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote