Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #16
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Would be interesting to study kids subjected to the Kindle robot over periods of time, like if they are more likely to become serial killers or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
TTS must be a godsend for parents - they don't have to read bedtime stories to their kids any more.

Plug in the Kindle and pop up the pub!
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
I tried out the Kindle in my car today, with my Ipod tape car adapter and it was great! I agree that the voice is fairly robotic, but I still enjoyed listening to my book while I drove. We live thirty minutes from town so I got a good hour of listening in. Outside of a few misspoken words and the inflection isn't the greatest, I still find the TTS a nice added feature.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert