Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #1006
Alan_S
Addict
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Maybe if you update firmware to latest version, disable auto update, things that use WiFi. But no, it shouldn't drain battery that fast, even if you're reading, you wouldn't use battery that fast. It looks like it tries to do something and uses all resources (processor, WiFi) to the max.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:50 AM   #1007
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Maybe if you update firmware to latest version, disable auto update, things that use WiFi. But no, it shouldn't drain battery that fast, even if you're reading, you wouldn't use battery that fast. It looks like it tries to do something and uses all resources (processor, WiFi) to the max.
I did all of this. Kobo figured it was a faulty device. Got a new one. Same thing now. Within 24h : no battery left. I think the problem might be coming from the ePub file I'm currently reading? I see no other option.
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #1008
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima7 View Post
I did all of this. Kobo figured it was a faulty device. Got a new one. Same thing now. Within 24h : no battery left. I think the problem might be coming from the ePub file I'm currently reading? I see no other option.
It would be interesting to see if anyone else gets the same battery drain so if the epub you are currently reading is public domain/not copyrighted, you could post a copy here. Otherwise, checkout the ScrambleEbook plugin for calibre, scramble the book and then post the scrambled book here.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #1009
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Firmware: the one I bought it with...
Which is that? You can view version number from Menu -> Settings -> Device Information

Quote:
Hey everyone. My ereader drains battery very quickly on sleeping mode. It went from 82 to 58 in less than 4 hours for no reason. Is it normal for this ereader or is something wrong with it?
That is definitely not normal. Sleep should hardly use up any battery, especially not in only 4 hours.

I recall a few years ago there was a bug that drained the battery down in sleep mode when something was touching the (IR) screen at the time the device went to sleep (on the Glo at least). But I can't remember what firmware version it was or whether the bug was present on other devices.

It might of course be something completely different... faulty book could also be true, as I think you suggested in a different thread.

Edit: Oh, I see I wasn't at the last page of the thread and replied to an older message... oh well
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 PM   #1010
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Aura
Firmware is 4.9.11311

I did remove all the books that I thought could cause the problem and still woke up to the same problem today. I'm getting very tired of this
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2018, 05:23 PM   #1011
Alan_S
Addict
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
I'm getting very tired of this
The most curios thing is, this is your second device (you wrote that Kobo replaced first one, right?).

It is possible that there something wrong with battery, but that same thing is wrong on two devices with same owner? I guess it is much more probable there's something with your setting (like something with WiFi, or similar) that affects your device(s).

Not sure what, but I'd check settings, including completely disabling WiFi (i.e. not even logging to router after factory reset).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote