Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #27256
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I am reading Salem's Lot and OMG it is good. Better than I imagined! I am about 60% into the book
I'll have to seriously think about reading it soonest.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #27257
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I am reading Salem's Lot and OMG it is good. Better than I imagined! I am about 60% into the book

If you are talking about Kings Salem's Lot then yes it is an amazing book. I loved it in the 80's.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #27258
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
If you are talking about Kings Salem's Lot then yes it is an amazing book. I loved it in the 80's.
I agree, I really liked it.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #27259
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Recently finished Emma Newman's Planetfall. Secrets and lies are slowly revealed over multiple timelines in this character driven scifi mystery. I really enjoyed it. Now starting Sea of Rust by C. Robert Cargill. Described as a post-apocalyptic "robot western."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-11-2018 at 01:08 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #27260
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HD 8.9, Fire HD8
Currently reading the second in David Drake's long running RCN series, Lt. Leary, Commanding, having pretty much devoured the first one, With the Lightnings, over the weekend. An interesting series, avowedly based on the Aubrey/Maturin idea of two very different people as very close friends while one is in the command path of a navy (The Royal Cinnabar Navy) while the other is a warrant officer and not in a command path (or inclination towards one, either.) So far, I'm quite enjoying it. Drake is no O'Brian, but they're an enjoyable cross between Space Opera and MilSF. The Audible narration is uninspired, but acceptable, and the first book in the series is completely free for the eBook version. Several of them appear in one or another Baen CD, so are free as well, though there's a moral obligation, IMNSHO, to actually purchase if you read it with those.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #27261
PurpleStar
Guru
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura 2
I finished re-reading Q-Squared by Peter David. What fun!!! Back when they wrote Star Trek books during the series and all my favorite characters were there. What a crazy book...lol

Next up is a cozy mystery, Etched in Tears by Cheryl Hollon. New book coming so I gotta catch up.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:16 AM   #27262
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Finished Paradise and other Stories by Khushwant Singh. Excellent book, very satisfying read.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #27263
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cargill's Sea of Rust was an absolute blast. Plus, I think the author referenced my tiny little hometown! Granted: I'm pretty certain he just picked some random Ohio towns from a map he had on hand, but ... still!

Either there was one glaring editorial oversight in this Harper Collins book, or the author deliberately made a metal/mettle substitution because ... robots! Since that's the only "mistake" that I noticed, I'm choosing to believe it was done tongue-in-cheek.

Next up is Daryl Gregory's Spoonbenders.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-12-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #27264
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

Next up is Daryl Gregory's Spoonbenders.
Please, tell us your thoughts on this one. This hit my radar last year and I've since been waiting for a price drop.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #27265
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Please, tell us your thoughts on this one. This hit my radar last year and I've since been waiting for a price drop.
Will do. Gregory's stuff has been a bit hit or miss with me, but I did enjoy Harrison Squared. And even though it's way too early to tell, this one IS off to a pleasant start, anyway.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #27266
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I'm reading the July selection of the New Leaf Book Club - Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine. I just finished reading Virginia Woolf's The Years, and I must say, I am genuinely shocked by the similarities in the stream of consciousness style. Not a connection I've ever made before.

I expect my numbers to take a dip (as they do every two years around this time) due to my viewership of the World Cup. A quick check of my old data shows that June 2016 (when the Euros were taking place) was my lowest page total for that year as well.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #27267
Ricky D'Angelo
Addict
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T-1, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Basic, Sony PRS 350, Kobo Mini
Clockwork Orange
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #27268
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Galaxy Tab A (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
Clockwork Orange
Are you reading the unabridged UK version, or the American translation?

As for me, I am halfway through The Three Musketeers, the New Leaf selection for this month, and it has been slow going.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #27269
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Just finished Gibraltar by Roy and Leslie Adkins and it was a very detailed non fiction account of the battle for control of Gibraltar in the late 1700’s ultimately won by the British. Learned a lot about Gib that I didn’t know.

Next up The Universe by John Brockman, in which several scientists explore the origins, mystery and future of the Cosmos.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #27270
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I am well through The Three Musketeers (up to Chapter 52) and I have found it an enjoyable read. It really isn't all that mountainous, latepaul. I admit it's a long book, but it goes at a rollicking pace.
So unless "rollicking" means "slow and meandering" you and I had very different experiences.

Any how I finished it. And in time too which is good.

Not sure what's next, it ought to be a library book as I've got six out at the moment. But we'll see.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote