Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Clueless converting question

Hi all

I'm trying to convert a chm textbook I have to lrf and seem to be failing almost completely. I managed to decompile the chm to several htmls but that's where I get stuck.

I don't know how to go on from here. Anyone can give me a hand?

Thanks
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
OK, try this:

1. Install Mobipocket Reader, if you already don't have the latest version.
2. Launch that software reader, then drag 'n drop your .chm file onto the Mobipocket Reader screen.
3. It will convert it to .prc; check the bottom of the reader's screen for staus updates.
4. Go back to library/ebook view, find it. Click it once, then right menu button and select 'Open containing folder'
5. Feed that file to Calibre and have it convert the .prc to .lrf/.epub.

Note some .chm's will work better than others.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi, I just tried that but Mobipocket Reader doesn't loads the file when I drag it nor when I add it through the menus, it says that it's importing the file and then making the mobipocket file but then just sits there and doesn't give anything else.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
Hi, I just tried that but Mobipocket Reader doesn't loads the file when I drag it nor when I add it through the menus, it says that it's importing the file and then making the mobipocket file but then just sits there and doesn't give anything else.
Then, unfortunately, that .chm is one of the ones that don't convert well.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
el.astrologo
Groupie

Oh, that's too bad
Thanks anyway

I have an idea on why I might be failing here.. the chm has its TOC on the left as a frame, could it be that what's giving trouble?

Last edited by el.astrologo; 02-28-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
i'm not sure if this might help, but you could use eCub if you have the decompressed html. Start a new project, load each html by using the + butoon (rename if needed) add cover, output the epub file and then bring into Calibre and convert to .lrf (or ePub as sometimes the eCub files are a bit funky, Calibre un-funks them).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Oh, that's too bad
Thanks anyway

I have an idea on why I might be failing here.. the chm has its TOC on the left as a frame, could it be that what's giving trouble?
CHM is compressed html. Read the article https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/CHM on our wiki to learn how to expand it back. Then you should be able to use Calibre
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
el.astrologo
Groupie

Moejoe, I'm giving your suggestion a try, I'll let you know how it works...

DaleDe as I said on the OP I already decompiled the chm into several htmls, the thing is calibre is giving me attitude when I try to convert them :P
Old 03-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Moejoe, I'm giving your suggestion a try, I'll let you know how it works...

DaleDe as I said on the OP I already decompiled the chm into several htmls, the thing is calibre is giving me attitude when I try to convert them :P
Did you zip them up first? What errors are you getting? You may need to check the Calibre section of the forum.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote