Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
From what I've heard (and therefore should be taken with a large grain of salt), late in Roger Zelazny's life, he left his wife to be with a much younger woman. He did not change his will and his literary estate went to his ex-wife. As Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned, I suspect there will be few reprints or ebook releases as long as she is in control of his literary estate, as there is no better revenge on an author than oblivion through unavailability.
That's what I heard also. He hadn't divorced Judy. They only separated and he was living with his young lady when he died of renal failure and cancer. Judy is about 73 years old and possibly estranged from her 3 kids.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #17
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Hopefully anyone creating a professionally published version of their ebooks will not do what Norman Spinrad did, and publish them without copyediting them. I got a copy of Mindgames from Amazon that was so bad that there were conversations where you couldn't tell who was speaking even from the context. Walter Jon Williams also started with pirated editions when he self-published his out of print works, but he copyedited his.
There are some out there including "Lord of Light". Just Google.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingMaNs View Post
I'm out of work for a while with a foot injury, so I've spent my time reading...alot. I've been jonesing for Roger Zelazny, particularly Lord of Light and Creatures of Light and Darkness, but apparently they are not available as ebooks. Anyone have any idea why this is? I've got a paper copy of Lord of Light, but I lost my copy of Creatures of Light and Darkness a few years ago, and I would love to re-read it.
I agree, I want to re-read all his stuff....as ebooks!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #19
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Sounds like there is a shameful story there somewhere.
Alas, not uncommon.
Quote:
From what I've heard (and therefore should be taken with a large grain of salt), late in Roger Zelazny's life, he left his wife to be with a much younger woman. He did not change his will and his literary estate went to his ex-wife. As Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned, I suspect there will be few reprints or ebook releases as long as she is in control of his literary estate, as there is no better revenge on an author than oblivion through unavailability.
Sounds about right....
Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #20
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Not making excuses for the publishers, but most/a lot of back catalogs don't have a digital file to create the ebooks from. It would mean OCRing and editing and I think most publishers don't see enough profit.
To me, "any profit" would be "enough profit."

Guess that's why I'm not in business!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #21
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Please don't send an email to his son. This is from Trent's facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/trentzelazny/info
I don't understand how it could be offensive and disrespectful?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #22
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I don't understand how it could be offensive and disrespectful?
Because he says so. Clearly you've never been involved in one of these epic family battles.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #23
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Not making excuses for the publishers, but most/a lot of back catalogs don't have a digital file to create the ebooks from. It would mean OCRing and editing and I think most publishers don't see enough profit.
But the editing wouldn't be much work? You just need to OCR and compare the original (paper) to the new digital for OCR errors, and have them mark up things like chapters, bold, ... (I'm assuming this could be cheaply outsourced). Then you need to package it into an ebook (I'm guessing this would be a minimal effort). Sounds simple to me.

Could we get more of Feist's work done also.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #24
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Because he says so. Clearly you've never been involved in one of these epic family battles.
And what's up with you.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #25
kennyc

Quote:
And what's up with you.
you apparently.

As I said, you clearly have never been involved in a family dispute which results in this kind of thing.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
From Amazon forum
Quote:
You might try Judith C Zelazny, Santa Fe, NM 87507 as the estate holder. Married to R. Z. at time of death though separated. Since he died relatively young, he may not have changed his will, and she may have the estate in New Mexico, as she was his legal wife at the time. If you google her, you will come up with address and phone.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/top%20re...TxQAOK1DP3Y86G
There is also link where Pimlico Agency is stated as contact for his works.
http://www.sfwa.org/hidden-pages/est...t-information/

Last edited by jmilica; 07-12-2013 at 09:48 AM.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #27
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
you apparently.

As I said, you clearly have never been involved in a family dispute which results in this kind of thing.
No fortunately I have not. What I don't understand is why you felt offended by my question.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #28
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
No fortunately I have not. What I don't understand is why you felt offended by my question.
Trust me, you don't know what its like having to cut off half the family, especially when a money dispute is involved.

Finding out they gave their kid the exact same name as you so they can try to steal your parents' estate after you thought the whole thing was settled with the deaths of the previous generation, just kicks it straight into the Twilight Zone.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #29
kennyc

And regardless of that even, the fact that he put the "Please do not contact me..." on his facebook is reason enough to respect his wishes.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Please don't send an email to his son. This is from Trent's facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/trentzelazny/info

Shari
Thanks for the info. If he'd had that message posted on the contact page of his website I wouldn't have suggested contacting him.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote