Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-25-2021, 12:02 AM   #46
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I got a spend $10 get $3, so I think I shall buy gift books for the $10 and keep the $3 for a book for me.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:54 PM   #47
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Has anyone actually gotten the credit this time?

I know the offer page says it takes up to two days, but I've always gotten it immediately in the past after reaching the spending threshold.

I've seen the offer multiple times on Kindle book pages, have clicked it, and it verifies that I've activated the offer, but not that I've spent $25 even though I have.
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2021, 06:49 AM   #48
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
I haven't received the usual notice of award credits. While looking at books on Amazon today the credits were showing up in the price of the books. If you look at price box on the right there's a small detail button pointing at the credit. Click the button and a popup window will give you your total of award credits.
gunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #49
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbad View Post
I haven't received the usual notice of award credits. While looking at books on Amazon today the credits were showing up in the price of the books.
Same for me.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #50
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbad View Post
I haven't received the usual notice of award credits. While looking at books on Amazon today the credits were showing up in the price of the books. If you look at price box on the right there's a small detail button pointing at the credit. Click the button and a popup window will give you your total of award credits.
Well, crap! I am seeing this too.

I say "crap" because I figured the credit didn't work, so I returned two of the three books I bought yesterday. (The two I returned aren't on sale, so I can get them any time.)

Yet, I got the credit anyway. I feel bad now.

Okay, okay, it probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, since Jeff Bezos is going to ride off into space with or without that extra $15 I got refunded. But still... I hate feeling "dishonest" even though that was not my intention. Gah!
Advert
Old 10-30-2021, 06:35 PM   #51
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
Okay, okay, it probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, since Jeff Bezos is going to ride off into space with or without that extra $15 I got refunded. But still... I hate feeling "dishonest" even though that was not my intention. Gah!
Don't feel bad about it, it's entirely Amazon's fault for 1. Not making it clear you were getting the discount/promo when you bought the books, as well as not making it clear you even qualified for it in the first place. And 2. Not taking the promo back when you refunded the books. They could do that if they wanted to, and it's a fair thing to do. Since they decided not to, the promo money's on them, not you.

Consider it a gift to apologize for them screwing up.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #52
C.S.
Enthusiast

Did anyone just get an e-mail about the $6 credit being applied to their account? (Long after it's been spent, in my case.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Don't feel bad about it, it's entirely Amazon's fault for 1. Not making it clear you were getting the discount/promo when you bought the books, as well as not making it clear you even qualified for it in the first place. And 2. Not taking the promo back when you refunded the books. They could do that if they wanted to, and it's a fair thing to do. Since they decided not to, the promo money's on them, not you.

Consider it a gift to apologize for them screwing up.
Sorry for not responding sooner - I meant to - but thank you for such great advice.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:25 PM   #53
vivafriend5
vivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
Did anyone just get an e-mail about the $6 credit being applied to their account? (Long after it's been spent, in my case.)
I got the e-mail as well. No new credit applied as you said. What an awful tease.
vivafriend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:28 PM   #54
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
just got the email. Spent the credit a long time ago.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:48 PM   #55
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It’s back! Thread header has updated dates. Generic link so you can check if Amazon loves you this month:

https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=mr060-20&node=17495918011
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:40 AM   #56
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Got it this time! Would've worked out better last period, but should be able to take advantage just the same with a couple of historical fiction (mystery) series.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:17 PM   #57
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Another one showed up for me today --

Spend $25, Get $6
Get $6 back in eBook credit when you spend $25 on eBooks.
Dec 21 - Dec 28

It showed up for me on these pages --

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks...s_kindle_books
https://www.amazon.com/kr/d6e5aa28-f...d-bf49f2a9e6e6
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:32 PM   #58
C.S.
Enthusiast

Er... Anyone else get the credit e-mailed to them and applied to their account immediately after activating it, despite not yet buying any books during the offer period?

These credits have been weird the last few months... I didn't immediately get the credit last time, decided to return a couple of books I bought as a result, and then I ended up getting the credit anyway.

This time, I did nothing and got the credit.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Last edited by C.S.; 12-21-2021 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:49 AM   #59
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's no secret that Kobo operates in a Bizarro universe.*

* Jerry Seinfeld
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc_f-0DCGI0
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #60
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Never showed up for me in banner ad or email, but your second link worked for me, and let me activate! Woo-hoo and

This is the first time in a long time that I've been able to get one of these....

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Another one showed up for me today --

Spend $25, Get $6
Get $6 back in eBook credit when you spend $25 on eBooks.
Dec 21 - Dec 28

It showed up for me on these pages --

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks...s_kindle_books
https://www.amazon.com/kr/d6e5aa28-f...d-bf49f2a9e6e6
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote