Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-04-2022, 05:35 AM   #1
Rosso-Rosso
Rosso-Rosso began at the beginning.

Device: none
KFX page numbers missing?

Hello there,

This is my first posting here. I've been converting epub to KFX for my kindle. AZW3 page numbers work fine but the formatting isn't as good as KFX.

I'm using Calibre with the output KFX plug in to do the conversion. Could some kind soul give me some pointers here? Thanks.
Rosso-Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 02:53 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The creation of page numbers for KFX format is controlled by the "Create approximate page numbers" setting in the KFX Output tab of the conversion dialog.

You asked a about KFX files sizes on another platform. The main reason why it might be reduced is the Output Profile selected in the Page Setup tab of conversion. Selecting Tablet will disable the down scaling of images.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:21 PM   #3
Rosso-Rosso

Thanks for the help. I have the paper white 5. It’s currently set to Paper White 3 (1072 x 1430 pixels). Is this the correct setting? I’ve got the page numbers but I notice that some pages stay the same number for at least 3 taps, my front is size 5. Is that quite normal? Thanks so much.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:59 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso-Rosso View Post
I have the paper white 5. It’s currently set to Paper White 3 (1072 x 1430 pixels). Is this the correct setting?
Calibre will downscale images so that they do not exceed the pixel dimensions of the device. But that does not take into account the Kindle's ability to magnify images to show more detail.

I recommend using the Tablet setting. That disables downsizing of images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso-Rosso View Post
I’ve got the page numbers but I notice that some pages stay the same number for at least 3 taps, my front is size 5. Is that quite normal?
That is normal. Page numbers on Kindle a based on print pages. Those fit more text than a Kindle screen.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 02:00 AM   #5
Rosso-Rosso

Thank you. I really appreciate you helping me out mate. Bless you.