Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
It's funny, cos it's true

Twice this week I've had ABYSMAL service from the Kobo Store CS team - and I use that word avisedly, despite the fact that even on a GOOD day Kobo's CS only dreams of aspiring to mehdiocrity. Inaccurate, contradictory and plain WRONG responses, and in one case a CS rep who terminated the conversation before I had a chance to reply to a blatantly incorrect assertion he's just made.

After two of such incidents, two days apart, it occurred to me that I had NOT received the "Kobo Customer Satisfaction Survey" email that normally arrives within minutes of a CS session. I assumed that there's a simple rule: "if the customer ain't happy, don't give 'em a chance to say so".

Within the last hour, I contacted CS again, to see if a patently absurd assertion by the second of my 2 substandard CS reps was correctable. After receiving an acceptable reply, I ended the chat by thanking the rep. Less than 5 minutes later, at the same as the chat transcript arrived, so did the "Kobo Customer Satisfaction Survey". Clearly the CS crew are instructed ONLY to send out the survey if the customer is likely to give a positive response. Data manipulation at its most subtle, I don't think.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
What was the issue and was the response?

Obviously I don’t expect word for word at this point but something beyond “absurd” would be nice.

I suspect that those surveys are internal use only since anyone with a smidge of critical thinking would see that a company reviewing their own CS is open to suspicion. Which just means the reps didn’t want to get a bad review from you and have to deal with the fall out. Not that this isn’t a problem just a different one than you speculated.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2020, 08:25 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
What was the issue and was the response?
The absurd response was telling me that it would take "48 business hours" to apply bonus points from a promotion. The CS rep repeated that exact phrase several times in the chat. Since that's effectively a week or more, after 24 literal hours, I asked again, and received a more credible response. And the points in question.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote