Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-18-2020, 03:43 AM   #4546
Lyen
Lyen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I was wondering if it would be possible to have EpubSplit integration into FFF for an option to automatically split off new chapters when updating an epub.

Also I probably should ask in the EpubSplit thread but, would also be nice for more customization options for the title of a split epub. An option to do both {chapter} - {title} as the new title instead of only {chapter} or {title}.
Lyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:52 AM   #4547
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Test Version Posted -- for real

2020-09-17
- Add include_author_notes option (defaults on) to adapter_royalroadcom Closes #556
- adapter_fictionlive: Handle stories with missing contentRating, storyStatus & support beta.fictionlive.com domain, thanks HazelSh!

My bad. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrnno View Post
Tested and the dict issue no longer happens, contentRating still does though.

A look at the adapter in the file&github and it seems those parts weren't included in this test version, tried to do it manually but must have made a mistake somewhere.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:31 PM   #4548
chrnno
Enthusiast
chrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with others

Device: Samsung GT-S5830C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Posted -- for real

2020-09-17
- Add include_author_notes option (defaults on) to adapter_royalroadcom Closes #556
- adapter_fictionlive: Handle stories with missing contentRating, storyStatus & support beta.fictionlive.com domain, thanks HazelSh!

My bad. Sorry about that.
Don't worry about it, tested and it is working now.

Also the dedup images is great for fiction.live, some authors reuse images a lot so it helps on keeping epub size more manageable.
chrnno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:23 AM   #4549
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD, Amazon Kindle 5, and Amazon Kindle DX
Hi,

Is there a way to retrieve selected tags from the sources, post them to a custom column, and perhaps substitute my preferred abbreviations for the source site's?

I've tried searching here but can't find anything. Since each page has "tags" it's no using trying to search for posts about tags.

I've already configured fanficfare not to download tags-- to keep some sites from burying my tagging system. But I'm not sure how I did that, and can't read Plugin Defaults.

P.S. I can write tags to Tags by adding a site-specific section in Plugin Defaults, and unchecking tags under Standard Columns.

Last edited by MarjaE; 09-20-2020 at 03:08 AM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #4550
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FanFicFare has some very powerful features for customizing story metadata and storing it custom columns. They are not, however, the most user friendly features in the world because I think like a programmer.

FanFicFare has set of 'standard' metadata it collects from all sites when it can. The 'standard' metadata entries can be saved to custom columns using GUI settings in FFF config's Custom Columns tab.

Many sites also have 'site specific' metadata entries collected. Those can also be saved to custom columns, but you have to use the custom_columns_settings setting in FFF's personal.ini. (You have to enable it first with a checkbox at the bottom of the Custom Columns tab.)

Also in personal.ini you can use replace_metadata and the include/exclude_metadata setting to filter and change what's included in various metadata entries.

There are several pages on the details in the project wiki as well as dozens of past posts about it all here in the MR thread. Search for custom_columns_settings, replace_metadata, include_metadata_pre, etc.

Also be sure to look at the comments that go with those settings in plugin-defaults.ini, there's a button on the personal.ini setings tab, or view it in the project repo here.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #4551
ownedbycats
Fanatic
ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FanFicFare has some very powerful features for customizing story metadata and storing it custom columns. They are not, however, the most user friendly features in the world because I think like a programmer.
Also, you should prepare for Regex101 to become a very good friend.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #4552
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I thought we'd discussed it recently, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Can someone give me some examples of series URLs (I thought it was AO3) that have extra story URLs in the story descriptions such that FFF gets extra URLs when collecting for anthology?

Thanks.