Old 08-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #106
stepanok
Connoisseur
stepanok began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It's not our fault, Hidari.
We agree to have Google ads, so as to pay for the forum costs. They choose which advertisements to post. Actually, some of them would not be our choice at all. In the past I've seen one advertising foreign women available for marriage, any number for ebook sites and gadgets, some for programs that we aren't terribly enthusiastic about, and the Scientology one that you mention.
Clearly, Google Ads has profiled this site as being full of geeky single men.
Sounds a bit vague to me. How much is the cost then??
stepanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #107
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Alex, the site owner deals with that, so best ask him. But we need server space for all those books. And all those panda pictures that people keep posting. etc.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #108
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
With a screen name the same as a great guitar it makes me wonder what came first.

So in the spirit of beer, sex, women, I offer a link to Phoebe Legere's I'm Crazy White Trash lyrics. (Its the third article from the bottom.) She does put on a great show.

Now let's see, beer, beer, more beer, women, bikini, Callipygian Girls Gone Wild in Fedoras. Foot Finger Fetish and beer.

Small world. A good friend from high school is one of the founders of Taylor Guitars. Kurt Listug and I went to school together from junior high all the way through high school. He and I both graduated from Bonita Vista High School in 1970. It's probably been three or four years since I last spoke to him .... I had no idea that's where Taylor's screen name came from.

OK ... well, off to the party. Later all.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #109
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Small world. A good friend from high school is one of the founders of Taylor Guitars. Kurt Listug and I went to school together from junior high all the way through high school. He and I both graduated from Bonita Vista High School in 1970. It's probably been three or four years since I last spoke to him .... I had no idea that's where Taylor's screen name came from.

Come back drunk, or don't come back at all!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #110
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I'm left-handed. But not a bloke.
I kick a ball with my left foot, and drink coffee with my left hand, but other than that I'm right-handed/footed.

Well, I would drink coffee with my left hand, except the ESPRESSO MACHINE BROKE!.....it's okay...I'm alright...I would just kill everyone in this room for a latte right about now....[calm blue ocean calm blue ocean...breathe....breathe...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
"Listen folks, we need a new catchphrase for project code-named long-a-schlong. I need ideas, people! Johnson! Why don't you, Peter, and Dick put your heads together."
Fernwood Women's Health Clubs had a great billboard advertising campaign down this way, which was a simple "No Toms, No Harrys, No Dicks" slogan.

Cheers,
Marc (caffeine-free headache coming...must...resist...temptation...to...start.. .swinging...sledgehammer...again...)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #111
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Whoa, Marc... don't you have any tea at your place for emergency purposes?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #112
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post

Nor do I. I just thought it ironic that his name was the same as one of their guitar models. They do make IMHO the best sounding acoustic guitars in the world. I remember the great sound of my Martin from many years ago but it can't compare to the sound of the Taylor guitars of today. (They even sound better than my memory of the Martin's sound.)

If that's where he got his screen name then he has great taste in guitars.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #113
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Whoa, Marc... don't you have any tea at your place for emergency purposes?
Tea? TEA? Why, you might as well say "instant coffee" or "decaf"!!! Are you MAD?!

Actually, I might go grab a miso soup...that might be nice...

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #114
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
If that's where he got his screen name then he has great taste in guitars.
Pretty sure it is, since his screen name matches down to the model.

If my screen name matched my acoustic, it would be "FatLady1AC".

It's their basic guitar, but it is quite beautiful in bunya:

I wish I could actually play it.

I think if I called myself Fat Lady 1AC, I might be misunderstood...moreso.

Cheers,
Lapdog Horseshoe
Old 08-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #115
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And we'd be able to tell how?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #116
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i wonder if taylor's ears are buzzing from all this guitar flattery.

oh wait, he doesn't have ears. never mind.

actually he's said before his pseudo is for his guitar. in fact if you search in the right place you might even find a portrait of it...

now back to marc's fat lady. just what happens when she, um, sings ? maybe it's for the best you don't know how to play her.

(i like a good miso soupe as well. and given that it's probably colder here than where you are today (wait, which hemisphere am i in again ??? and which one is supposedly pointed at the sun ???) i might just make myself some too. but first i think i'll have a nice hot cup of tea. )

hey, new game : lousy weather competition. today, it's apparently 17° (that might be a stretch... feels like not more than 15), grey, overcast, and wil be rainy any minute i imagine. and last i checked august was the middle of summer in the northern hemisphere.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #117
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
And we'd be able to tell how?
The penis is a dead giveaway.

Cheers,
Marc (adding to my "quotes to be taken out of context")
Old 08-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #118
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Yes, my ears are buzzing all over the 'net lately. I've even been called supremely silly. To which I nearly replied, "oh, if you only knew!"

What, an android in a cowboy hat with "Join Adorable Madness" as his signature, which is actually an anagram stunningly devised by a forum member with the most amazing album cover collection in history... silly? And it's "Unutterably", pal.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 08-20-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #119
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
What, an android in a cowboy hat with "Join Adorable Madness" as his signature, which is actually an anagram stunningly devised by a forum member with the most amazing album cover collection in history... silly? And it's "Unutterably", pal.
I don't do anagrams. They hurt my brain, and the espresso machine's broken, so it already hurts enough to make me want to do bad things. So, I'm going to assume it's an anagram of "Shine on you crazy diamond", using the silent letters between the other letters, hidden in the super-screwed-up superstring dimensions.

Can I buy a fowl?

Chrs,
Mrc
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #120
pshrynk

I would imagine that there has to be some sort of transcendent state of silliness that goes beyond the scope of Unutterably. Supremely may not be the actual nirvanic level, but may be a transitional state of transcendent silliness

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness