Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
graffitionthesun
graffitionthesun began at the beginning.

Device: my computer
poorly drawn shorta funny 99 cent ebook thingy

Hi would like this annance the release of my very short ebook

Graffiti On The Sun presents a completely random often poorly drawn kinda shorta maybe sometimes funny comic strip and by funny we are not sure if they mean funny as in humors or funny as in odd or strange 99 cent ebook thingy

it's a collection of 8 one panel comics of what will soon be a free webcomic series.

That's right when most people start there crappy webcomic first and then sell stuff I'm starting it the other way around.

the title is truthful in the art is poor. it's stuff I quickly drew.

The book is full of odd humor and nerdy your mama jokes.

if that sounds like something you like you may like the ebook.

for your time
graffitionthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
... And must also be full of bad grammar and howling sixth-grade spelling errors. This surely can't be a serious sales pitch, Graffitionthesun. Even the subject line to this thread is a mess. And folks wonder why readers don't take freebies and cheapies seriously! Take some care, revise, do not insult your readers with such sloppiness. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Graff, I like ebook comics, but your sales pitch needs work. Informal pitches can work, but it has to be snappy, interested informal!
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
graffitionthesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
... And must also be full of bad grammar and howling sixth-grade spelling errors. This surely can't be a serious sales pitch, Graffitionthesun. Even the subject line to this thread is a mess. And folks wonder why readers don't take freebies and cheapies seriously! Take some care, revise, do not insult your readers with such sloppiness. Neil
I have to admit it's only a slightly series sales pitch that I did in the middle of the night when I notice my book was up. I guess if I waited and didn't do it when I was so tired I would have caught my errors.

Thought I think the subject line is in tone with the book and it's title
Old 06-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
graffitionthesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVLarson View Post
Graff, I like ebook comics, but your sales pitch needs work. Informal pitches can work, but it has to be snappy, interested informal!
OK

I thought the bit of silliness would help in the snappiness of the pitch. But I guess I was wrong.

I guess I have a lot to learn about pitching.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Presumably, your last but one post wasn't written in the middle of the night. Just lool at the glaring errors:

***I have to admit it's only a slightly series sales pitch that I did in the middle of the night when I notice my book was up. I guess if I ? waited and didn't do it when I was so tired I would have caught my errors.Thought I think the subject line is in tone with the book and it's title***

If you're setting yourself up as an author, so many simple errors in a single paragraph will do you nothing but harm. Neil
Old 06-20-2010, 04:31 AM   #7
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Presumably, your last but one post wasn't written in the middle of the night. Just lool at the glaring errors:

***I have to admit it's only a slightly series sales pitch that I did in the middle of the night when I notice my book was up. I guess if I ? waited and didn't do it when I was so tired I would have caught my errors.Thought I think the subject line is in tone with the book and it's title***

If you're setting yourself up as an author, so many simple errors in a single paragraph will do you nothing but harm. Neil
Just because you have a company and are a self-proclaimed editor doesn't mean you're immune from the same mistakes you so gleefully advising others not to make. If you want to criticize people you should check yourself before you riggidy wreck yourself.

Quote:
Lool?

Last edited by Moejoe; 06-20-2010 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Taking out the barb :)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
[QUOTE=Moejoe;969152
doesn't mean you're immune from the same mistakes you so gleefully advising others not to make.[/QUOTE]

"you so gleefully advising others"!?

Last edited by TGS; 06-20-2010 at 08:03 AM.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
"you so gleefully advising others"!?

Are you sayings I'm not the bestests at grammifications and spellmundoing? I resentimufudicate that observemification. (this works better if you're a fan of Mr. Show ) Now where is my petard so that I may use it to hoist msyelf highly towards the heavens!!!

Last edited by Moejoe; 06-20-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Typos, bad grandmother, sudden blindness :)
Old 06-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Typing "lool" instead of "look" is an easy, and common, error. It demonstrates a lack of proofreading, not a lack of understanding.

Typing "series" for "serious", "there" for "their", "humors" for "humorous", "it's" for "its", and even "shorta" for "sorta", is something else entirely. When you add the lack of capitalization, misplaced or missing punctuation, incorrect verb conjugation, and so on, you're far out of the realm of typos and into the realm of a need for remedial English classes. When you add to that the fact that the OP could have, after a good night's sleep, gone back and edited his initial post to correct its errors, but apparently didn't find any errors in need of correction, the contrast between those posts and a finger slipping from "k" to "l" is heightened.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Typing "lool" instead of "look" is an easy, and common, error. It demonstrates a lack of proofreading, not a lack of understanding.

Typing "series" for "serious", "there" for "their", "humors" for "humorous", "it's" for "its", and even "shorta" for "sorta", is something else entirely. When you add the lack of capitalization, misplaced or missing punctuation, incorrect verb conjugation, and so on, you're far out of the realm of typos and into the realm of a need for remedial English classes. When you add to that the fact that the OP could have, after a good night's sleep, gone back and edited his initial post to correct its errors, but apparently didn't find any errors in need of correction, the contrast between those posts and a finger slipping from "k" to "l" is heightened.
I wasn't really comparing mistakes, just that when you start pointing out the mistakes of others then you have to place yourself under the same scrutiny (and as I proved, that scrutiny is never enough).

EDIT: As TGS proved

Last edited by Moejoe; 06-20-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr

Wondered when you'd pop up Moejoe. There's a huge difference between a small typo in an early morning quick and informal forum post when checking through an overnight deluge of something like fourteen full pages of new MR entries (especially on a netbook with a mini-keyboard and with the l/k lying right next to each other between my large finger tips) and a supposeldy serious book pitch.

My sincere apologies if it put you off your breakfast, mate. But a slip like that from a chap like me, with forty-five years of professional writing experience, does seem to underline my point that EVERYONE needs an editor or at least a sound proof reader. I employ editors and proofers for my own published work, by the way.

Some here feel I might be forgiven my LOL *lool*. Few would forgive the errors of an author whose error-peppered pitch is meant to promote his own 'published' book

Neil

PS: You will notice here that the subject line reads 'shorta' funny. Which is not so much an innocent typo as an informal word usage that suggests the exact opposite of what is, presumably, intended -- 'short of funny' not 'sort of funny'. Although I blush over my own wee typo, the effect is nowhere near as damaging as this error and all the others in the OP. I am supposed to be attracted to a book that includes 'poorly drawn' illustrations and is short of funny and from a chap who seems unaware of spelling, grammar and punctuation? N

Last edited by neilmarr; 06-21-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Since this is the hawking of a book, I am moving this Thread.

Please remember that our POSTING GUIDELINES are located at the top of EVERY PAGE.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #14
neilmarr
neilmarr

Fairy Nuff, Don. It was becoming silly anyway. Hoots. Neil
Old 06-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #15
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
1.) Beware Muphry's Law.

2.) I keep seeing the subject line "porrly drawn shorta" as "poorly drawn shota", which I don't think is the impression the OP wanted to make.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote