Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #1
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Current status of vlavasoft: coolreader?

Hey Folks,
I've read the last many pages of the vlavasoft thread and it looks like development stopped a while ago. The last commit at github.com/sergeyvl/vlasovsoft was five years ago.

I really like coolreader, I've been using it on Kobo devices for many years. Currently on an H2O but that device is getting worn out (battery only lasts a few days) so I'm thinking about getting an Aura One.

I haven't really kept up with the forums. I got my H2O setup like I wanted it 4-5yrs ago and then sort of drifted away from mobileread.

Without having to spend hours piecing together the whole story, what is the status of getting coolreader working on Aura One?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I don't use it myself, so I can't help too much. But, I don't see any reason why older versions wouldn't work on new firmware (it's pretty much stayed the same regarding libs and the kernel). I'd suggest trying it and seeing if it works for you.

Oh, and remember to use the dotfile hack or config option to prevent nickel scanning it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Sergey hasn't been using GitHub for quite a while. Current sources are on BitBucket.

I don't follow the development, so I can't really tell you more than that.

CREngine itself, on the other hand, is still alive and kicking, and KOReader's fork of it will often pick up interesting updates from upstream.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #4
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
The latest downloads are available at http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #5
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Thanks everyone, very much appreciated!
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura one, coolreader, vlavasoft