Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #16
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
PDF reflow comes to the Lbook!
Announced as a beta here.
Download of the beta firmware here.
I am testing it now: it works great! PDF books which I could not read because they were encoded with fonts for A4 page size are now zoomable by entering the menu by pressing OK once inside the PDF, then 5 then choose the size of the text you want! And it is not slow!
This beta firmware does not read prc files though.
And it does not solve the instability problems of many unlucky owners of an Hanlin V3. Removing the SD-card from the reader still makes it stable, though.

Last edited by Lbooker; 06-29-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
manifestor
Connoisseur
manifestor began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
I am testing it now: it works great! PDF books which I could not read because they were encoded with fonts for A4 page size are now zoomable by entering the menu by pressing OK once inside the PDF, then 5 then choose the size of the text you want! And it is not slow!
And it does not solve the instability problems of many unlucky owners of an Hanlin V3. Removing the SD-card from the reader still makes it stable, though.
Wow, I'm so loving this firmware! The PDF reflow is brilliant to say the least, and I agree the reflow rendering is snappier than I thought it would be! but here's one question...

I find that all Lbook firmwares use coolreader for rendering txt and doc files, which is something I don't enjoy. It takes very long to load the coolreader and it can't display Chinese menus properly. May I know if there's a way I can keep the new Lbook firmware and NOT use the coolreader for txt files? Thanks in advance.
manifestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #18
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have no idea, but I guess no.
I read that Russian forum thanks to Google translation tools, so I do not understand much.
Maybe you could register on that forum and ask your question there in English?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestor View Post
Wow, I'm so loving this firmware! The PDF reflow is brilliant to say the least, and I agree the reflow rendering is snappier than I thought it would be! but here's one question...

I find that all Lbook firmwares use coolreader for rendering txt and doc files, which is something I don't enjoy. It takes very long to load the coolreader and it can't display Chinese menus properly. May I know if there's a way I can keep the new Lbook firmware and NOT use the coolreader for txt files? Thanks in advance.
Perhaps it would be better to ask for CoolReader to be fixed rather than ask them to write another reader for you. Doc in particular is not easy to support.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #20
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I read a lot of PDFs this is great. Not having mobi or prc is an issue but what the hack I can cover them to epubs which also look great.

Revision
I just noticed one issue in PDFs the reader strips the tables and does not show the material in order.

Last edited by cvkemp; 07-02-2009 at 04:20 PM.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Perhaps it would be better to ask for CoolReader to be fixed rather than ask them to write another reader for you. Doc in particular is not easy to support.Dale
but I noticed that the Bebook/Aztak firmware uses another rendering engine for txt and doc, something which looks kinda basic and simple. Is there a way to combine the Lbook firmware and Bebook firmware so that we can choose the best of both worlds?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #22
Lbooker
Addict

I remember reading something about Chinese fonts somewhere.
Did you try to change the font?
Did you read my other thread about the foreign forums that discuss the Hanlin V3? There is a link to a Chinese forum, where they discuss a hack to add a Chinese font.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #23
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
I remember reading something about Chinese fonts somewhere.
Did you try to change the font?
Did you read my other thread about the foreign forums that discuss the Hanlin V3? There is a link to a Chinese forum, where they discuss a hack to add a Chinese font.
you mean to add a chinese font to fix the scribbled menu? I'll go to the thread you mentioned to have a look, thanks!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #24
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Been using the new lbook beta software for a while and I really love what they have done for PDFs and also epubs. The only issue I have had is that it does not seem to come out of the locked keys with out a shutdown most of the time.

chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #25
mtnmedic
Enthusiast
mtnmedic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G, Astak EZ Reader
I'm very interested in this Lbook beta. PDF reflow is something I think will be of help to me as most of my stuff is in PDF. I would really like to give this a try but I'm new to the ebook world (not new to tech and computers though). While I'm comfortable with flashing ROMS and applying hacks, I need to know how I can preserve the original ROM in my new Astak EZReader I got a few days ago. I'd like to be able to flash back to it or have a "dual boot" capability, so to speak. Any help would be appreciated.
mtnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #26
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
EZReader Firmware

The following is official firmware site for HANLIN V3 Clone

HANLIN: http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp
LBOOK: http://www.lbook.com.ua/en/downloads/firmwarev3
PIXELAR: http://www.mye-reader.co.uk/updates.php
BEBOOK: http://mybebook.com/a11/downloads/article_info.html
EZREADER: http://www.mobiebook.com/fw.asp

NOTE - EZREADER web is re-designed, the latest firmware is "EZ-Reader-update-Astak-2.02-20090120.RAR"
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #27
bozon42
Enthusiast
bozon42 began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Quote:
Hello Lbooker,

yesterday I tried this beta firmware and opened a 13MB pdf document with
my Lbook V3.
Hmm, it did not satisfy me. Though there really are options to zoom (and also rotate), I was not able to glimpse a noticable zooming.
Can it be that this document was not real pdf but only images ?

bozon42
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #28
Lbooker
Addict

Well, show us a picture of the result so we can tell for sure!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:46 AM   #29
bozon42
Enthusiast

Quote:
Well, show us a picture of the result so we can tell for sure!
Ok, it will take time but I will try to do it in the evening...

bozon42
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #30
bozon42
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozon42 View Post
Ok, it will take time but I will try to do it in the evening...

bozon42
Well, it is all my fault.
Mea maxima culpa - and I would like to apologise for not checking the source pdf.
The reflow in the new firmware is really cool.
Please check the attached pics - sorry for the quality.

bozon42

(note: 1st is with Zoom5, 2nd with zoom 4, ...etc.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010948x.jpg
Views:	1082
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	31866   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010947x.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	31867   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010946x.jpg
Views:	1044