Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > IMP Books (offline)

Notices

Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Saint-Exupéry, Antoine de: The Little Prince (illustrated) v1.0 IMP, 22 Dec 2007

From Wikipedia:

The Little Prince (French: Le petit prince), published in 1943, is French aviator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's most famous novel, which he wrote in the United States while renting The Bevin House in Asharoken, New York, on Long Island. The novel includes a number of drawings by Saint-Exupéry himself, which are reproduced in most versions.
The book has been translated into more than 160 languages and, to date has sold more than 50 million copies worldwide. It is one of the top 50 best-selling books.[1] It has been adapted into a movie musical by Lerner and Loewe, two different operas, as well as into an animated series. It is often used as a beginner's book for foreign language students.
Ostensibly a children's book, it makes several profound and idealistic points about life and human nature. In it, Saint-Exupéry tells of his being stranded in the Sahara Desert, thousands of kilometers away from inhabited places, where he meets a young extra-terrestrial (though entirely human-appearing) prince. In their conversations, the author reveals his own views about the follies of mankind and the simple truths that people seem to forget as they grow older. The essence of the book is contained in the famous line uttered by the fox to the Little Prince: "On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye). There are also two other main points in the book, both spoken by the fox. They are: "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" and "It is the time you have spent for your rose that makes your rose so important".
Throughout the book the children's view on the world, on the main points of the human life and relations between people, which is represented by the Little Prince and partially by the narrator, is set off against the "grown-ups" revealed in memories of the narrator and in the characters, met by the Little Prince on asteroids. But the author underlines, that the "'grown-ups' are like that. One must not hold it against them. Children should always show great forbearance toward grown-up people."
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Re-generated the EBW1150 .imp ebook from Patricia's .prc version which uses a larger font size and (better looking) 16 grayscale illustrations.

Also, there's a REB1200 .imp copy, in colour, which truly shows off the wonderful illustrations included.

Thanks to Patricia for her original ebook, used as my source for these.

Enjoy!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
kitshousep4a
kitshousep4a began at the beginning.

Device: none
i was hoping you can let me know or link me to the source of this statement re THE LITTLE PRINCE "This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work."

i am a volunteer and we are doing a book club this summer with our canadian community based non-profit and i was going to podcast a book on youtube and this all ages beauty, especially in digital format so folks can read along with their kids, would be perfect but i want to make sure i don't get this non-profit in trouble. i have been google searching but all i get is conflicting info. the french version is in the canadian gutenberg project, but not the english for some reason.

any help would be appreciated!!
kitshousep4a is offline   Reply With Quote