Notices

Old 03-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #1
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question Likebook Mars Screen Size Question

Hello:

I'm having trouble to find an on-line vendor that delivers screen protectors for Likebook Mars to Chile.

So, I'm looking for 7.8" alternatives, such as this Pocketbook Inkpad 3 screen protector from Aliexpress.

As the film is made to fit exactly the Inkpad 3's screen, I'm trying to find out if (beyond the 7.8" specification) this product could also do for the Likebook Mars screen.

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 03-04-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Minor typo
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
verserquer
verserquer began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Hi,

In Aliexprees at least the Likebook Mars comes with a good Boyue screen protector: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/2018-...923180286.html

You can also buy a screen protector here: https://goodereader.com/blog/product...reen-protector They deliver worldwide.

Hope it helps.
verserquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by verserquer View Post
In Aliexprees at least the Likebook Mars comes with a good Boyue screen protector[/url]
Alas, that seller wasn't an option for me, so I bought it on Gearbest, sans the screen protector, though it did include an original cover; go figure...

Quote:
You can also buy a screen protector here: They deliver worldwide.
Indeed, but it would cost US$15 for 1 item, while the AliExpress option allows me to buy 2 units for the same GoodEReader price (shiping included, in both sellers) .

Quote:
Hope it helps.
I still haven't got the size data of either (screen) protector, so I still can't make a purchase choice.

Your input it's part of the answer, so thankyou!

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 03-06-2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
I still haven't got the size data of either (screen) protector, so I still can't make a purchase choice.

Your input it's part of the answer, so thankyou!

[INCANUS]
You can use our wiki to determine the screen sizes for most any device.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You can use our wiki to determine the screen sizes for most any device.
Well, there's the Aura One 7.8" screen specification.

That being said, if, say, the likebook mars and the Pocketbook Inkpad 3 screen where both 7.8" size, would they also have the same width and heigh tof the Aura One, so that a screen (only) protector would fit either screen?

[INCANUS]
Old 03-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Well, there's the Aura One 7.8" screen specification.

That being said, if, say, the likebook mars and the Pocketbook Inkpad 3 screen where both 7.8" size, would they also have the same width and height of the Aura One, so that a screen (only) protector would fit either screen?

[INCANUS]
While there is no guarantee to .01", this statement is likely true for E Ink devices. The numbers are sometimes calculated as having all of the devices to measure is difficult. I would expect the margin of the screen protector would allow for all to work. Note that on the page you will see an occasional case where two dimensions are shown for the same diagonal dimension but this is rare. It is also possible to trim the screen protector. I would be interested in knowing how well this works for you. The original intent of the page was to allow users to visualize and apply meaningful numbers to the various sizes and resolutions.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #7
Incanus
Incanus

Thanks for your reply, Dale.

Has anyone experience something different than Dale proposes for e-ink screens?

In doubt,

[INCANUS]
Old 03-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #8
Incanus
Incanus

Exclamation Likebook Mars Screen Size Question

Greetings:

I've received reply from the Aliexpress vendor regarding the likebooks mars screen size:

Height:158.18 mm (6.228 inches)
Width:118.64 mm (4.671 inches)

Since this reasonably matches the Aura One screen size, also a 7.8" device as the likebook mars, it's reasonable to expect that the 7.8" screen (only) protector for the Pocketbook Inkpad 3 will also fit the likebook mars... which I'll buy since it's much cheaper (2 for US$ 9.66, shipping included) than the GoodEReader item (1 for US$ 14.98, shipping included)

Thank you all for your patience!

Edited: the AliExpress vendor for the Pocketbook Inkpad 3 screen (only) protector just confirmed that his 7.8" product's size is around 158 mm x 118 mm : more evidence to support the compatibility claim.

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 03-12-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: New info from AliExpress vendor
Old 04-04-2019, 08:15 AM   #9
Incanus
Incanus

Thumbs up Likebook Mars Screen Size Question

Hello:

To conclude this thread, when I finally received the screen (only) protector for the Pocketbook Inkpad 3 discovered that it's aprox 2mm wider than the actual Likebook Mars screen width.

So, to properly install it, this particular product will require very delicate and precise trimming along the long (tall) side before aplying it to the Mars' screen; it should be possible as the film corners are squared, not rounded.

If you can achieve that trimming without otherwise damaging the film, then I would certainly recommend it over the Good Ereader product for the already posted reasons.

If you can't or wont do the trimming... then do stick with the Good Ereader product.

Thank you all for your help and attention!

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 04-08-2019 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Link correction

Tags
boyue likebook mars, inkpad 3, likebook, mars, screeen size