Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 01:05 AM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
But what is >>>?
Well, if > is "greater than" and >> is "much greater than", logically, it would follow that >>> is "much much greater than" or a Python command line prompt.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:12 AM   #32
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Like I just opened Kindle Previewer 3 on a Windows 10 computer and it says there's a new version 3.30.0. I usually convert my .epub on my Linux computer in the terminal via kindlegen. But that kindlegen is only 2.9. So is the Kindle Previewer conversion better? (Stuff like that.) (And that question about the conversion wasn't rhetorical if you happen to know.)
Amazon last updated the standalone KindleGen binaries in 2014. The KindleGen version bundled with Kindle Previewer is more recent. If you upload KindleGen-compiled MOBI files to KDP, you might want to use Kindle Previewer to create MOBI files.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #33
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Unfortunately, that does not even guarantee a 100% win. (but I don't think they can reject your work for their error)
I have things lat pass and look good in Kindle Previewer3, Calibre and even K4PC and don't work out on my K4NT.
Thanks ducks. Geez. Once you figure out how to make it work on your K4NT they'll come out with a K5NT.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #34
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
lol, a certain genius already answered it in Post #2!
I don't know if I'd be claiming the genius thing. Somebody else thinks he's a genius too, and I'm not so sure about him! (No offense to anyone. Just not sure about his mental acuity.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post

Probably just some bug fixes on their end.

Usually when it updates, there's a little popup window which states what changed.

Here's their official changelog:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindleprevi...seNotes_EN.txt
Thanks Tex but I tested it on both and the 2.9 kindlegen in linux .mobi was like 2.1 and the KP version was 2.5. So something substantial happened to make it bigger. Plus KP took a lot longer.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #35
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Well, if > is "greater than" and >> is "much greater than", logically, it would follow that >>> is "much much greater than" or a Python command line prompt.
Now that's the kind of logic even I can follow!
Old 05-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #36
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Amazon last updated the standalone KindleGen binaries in 2014. The KindleGen version bundled with Kindle Previewer is more recent. If you upload KindleGen-compiled MOBI files to KDP, you might want to use Kindle Previewer to create MOBI files.
That's what I'll do, Doitsu. Thanks a lot.