Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Is there a way to turn on PRS 900 without use of power button?

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn on the PRS 900 without using the Power button?

I carry it in the hard case for protection but now must remove it to turn on the Power button. I'd like to be able to turn it on while leaving it in the hard case when travelling while leaving it in Sleep Mode.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
If, by hard case, you mean the Case Logic, then you can pull back the strap closest to the on switch, then flex the back half of the case away from the reader. Since I have a 600, I pull the top left strap away, and pull that corner down and away from the reader. It's not ideal, but I love the protection this case affords the reader.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Workaround

I finally figured it out. I just turn off Power Management in the Settings.

Then, before I leave my house I turn on the PRS 900 and leave it on until I return to my house. Then I move the page on the Desktop Reader up to the page in the PRS 900. Then I shut it down totally.

That way I can just unzip the Hard Case to read it and not need the Power button at all.

I tried leaving it on overnight and there was no movement in the Power bars. Thus, its power drain doing this is insignificant unless one is turning pages.

Normally I keep it in Shut Down mode when not is use since I do most of my reading on my PC.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote