Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Question show time + kids time / purchase/parental controls

i see that the show time dock is now available for the 2017 tablets I own ( but very highly priced)
i have some questions if anyone has a dock or has researched it.
1. can i combine show time with controls over what kids can see/ do ?
previously, alexa on tablets required all such controls to be disabled, I need to know if that is still thee case, i.e. if show time can be set up as safe and suitable for young children

2. i assume having it in a room where there is already an amazon echo will not work, as both devices will be listening for the same wake word

3. any views on whether cheaper generic docks will come along any time soon, I read the at the connection used 2 metal pins to communicate to tablet , activating charge & telling it to go into show mode: I already have spare amazon chargers and could probably make a simple stand- all I'd lake is the auto mode switch as I read the tablet can manually be put into show mode

4. does the screen auto go off after a while, come on again when spoken to in show mode, or is it shining away 24/7
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote