Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #61
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
And now they're available (new, from Amazon) without special offers or with cellular capabilities, but not WiFi only with special offers or not the combination of no special offers and cellular.

So it looks like the availability in various configurations is in constant flux. But, right now, I can put a new Voyage (without special offers) into my Cart. Or I can also put one with cellular capabilities into my Cart. Whether they would actually ship is something I can't guarantee.
Yes, they do ship!
Wednesday I received the Voyage, wifi, no ads, ordered monday. Huge jump in the 9013 serial no., so maybe it was manufactured more recently than my September 2014 old one.
It seems perfect, so I shall return the refurbished received tuesday, box unopened.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #62
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Old, non-front-lit eReaders. Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos and Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Yes, they do ship!
Wednesday I received the Voyage, wifi, no ads, ordered monday. Huge jump in the 9013 serial no., so maybe it was manufactured more recently than my September 2014 old one.
It seems perfect, so I shall return the refurbished received tuesday, box unopened.
Glad to hear it worked out. I know that sometimes people "successfully" order stuff on Woot, only to get a refund and "out of stock" notice. But I guess Woot and Amazon are still completely different outfits.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #63
ElspethB
Groupie
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0, PW2, Voyage, Oasis 2
The certified refurbished Voyage (Special Offers, Wi-Fi) is currently available for $119.99, the lowest it's been since last December.

If I didn't already have one plus a spare, I would jump on this offer.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:15 AM   #64
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
The certified refurbished Voyage (Special Offers, Wi-Fi) is currently available for $119.99, the lowest it's been since last December.

I think it's been at that price for a little while, see the "New Voyage on September 21?" thread.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:14 AM   #65
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Old, non-front-lit eReaders. Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos and Others
Quote:

It's a good price. If I was going to buy a Voyage this is the one I would get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think it's been at that price for a little while, see the "New Voyage on September 21?" thread.
For a while the refurbished Voyages had been priced at $130, but lately they've been priced at $140. Some used ones had been priced at $121.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #66
ElspethB
Groupie
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0, PW2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Not according to camelcamelcamel (a very useful price tracking site). As rcentros said, certified refurbished Voyages were $130 recently, but they haven't been this low since last holiday season.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #67
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Not according to camelcamelcamel (a very useful price tracking site). As rcentros said, certified refurbished Voyages were $130 recently, but they haven't been this low since last holiday season.
Whoops, look like I mis-read $219 as $119 in the other thread. Oh well, what's a hundred bucks.

Sorry about the confusion.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #68
ren41
Connoisseur
ren41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad2, Galaxy Note II, HTC Desire HD
Unfortunately I left my Voyage on the train at the start of my holiday two weeks ago. As soon as I got back I ordered the Oasis and a couple of days later, a refurbished Voyage. I hope I'm not the only person who has an issue with any patchiness on the screen - I think I tried about 10 of my second Kindle (first was keyboard) before getting one I liked! Anyway this screen has quite a colour variation from top to bottom so I have ordered another. The Oasis also has quite a bit of colour variation, I don't know whether to get another and keep the best or just stick with a Voyage! The refurbished Voyages are £144 here in the UK.
ren41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #69
kcladyz
I love my parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW White, iPad Pro, Nook Glowlight 3, Asus Zenpad, fire tabs
Its back now. I saw referbs now as well with same day delivery
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote