Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Best Bibles measured by speed of searches

Best Bibles measured by speed of searches:

PC - Logos
3rd Generation Kindle Keyboard - Osnova KJV and NET plus Crossway ESV
4th Generation Kindle Fire - Tecarta KJV, NIV and NIVSB
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
I am very disappointed with Kindle Fire and Kindle Touch. Amazon has destroyed their unique advantages over other e-readers.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
What's wrong with the Logos Android app for use on the Kindle Fire?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Logos is still beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
What's wrong with the Logos Android app for use on the Kindle Fire?
Logos for the Kindle Fire is still in beta mode. It's fonts are too small and still has many bugs.

Tecarta is fully developed with an option for larger fonts, two Bibles or other books displayed at once in landscape mode and a fully developed note taking function. It even allows for an automated scroll for reading along with the Leader at Bible Studies.

Tecarta is even developing a web site where we could type our notes and then they would be synced to the Kindle Fire.

In the meantime our notes from Logos can be exported to Word. Then that document could be emailed to the Amazon special email address (different for the Kindle Keyboard and the Kindle Fire) and then downloaded in perfect format for the Kindle Keyboard and Fire.

Books and verses are almost immedietaly rendered by the Osnova Bibles in the Kindle Keyboards and by the Tecarta Bibles in the Kindle Fire. Logos has the same ability on the PC.

Logos is the best Bible package for the PC, however.

For the keyboard Kindles nothing beats Osnova with Direct Verse Jump. However, that one will need a complete make over for the Kindle Fire. DVJ is inoperative there.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-24-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Logos for the Kindle Fire is still in beta mode. It's fonts are too small and still has many bugs...
Are you referring to a specific Kindle Fire version? The regular Android app doesn't have any font issues on the Fire. There's a slight cut off of the last line on a page because of the Fire's menu button. Also, there was an update released yesterday in the Android Market.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard

Try Tecarta and develop your own comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Are you referring to a specific Kindle Fire version? The regular Android app doesn't have any font issues on the Fire. There's a slight cut off of the last line on a page because of the Fire's menu button. Also, there was an update released yesterday in the Android Market.
You can install the Tecarta KJV with download of the Bible at the Amazon Store here at no cost:

http://www.amazon.com/Tecarta-Inc-KJ...2234352&sr=1-1

Then you can compare Logos and Tecarta. At this moment in time there is no comparison between them. Tecarta wins hands down in my opinion. Try all the features.

However, for the PC Logos wins hands down.

For my uses the Logos Android fonts are just too small for comfort. Tecarta has an option to enlarge the Bible fonts and they are just right for my uses.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
When I think of Bible metrics, search speed is important but nowhere near top on my list. My list for a phone is here. The relevant bits are:
  • Fast navigation. It's far more often that I wish to go to a specific verse than to find all mentions of a specific word.
  • Highlighting for the Lord's word.
  • References and notations. I like a good authentic translation with good annotations.
  • Easy legibility of the screen and font.
I haven't checked any of the Bible apps in that post to see if they work or are needed on the Fire, but you may want two Bibles; one a book with good navigation and annotations, and one a full text indexed database.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard

Two Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoCat View Post
I haven't checked any of the Bible apps in that post to see if they work or are needed on the Fire, but you may want two Bibles; one a book with good navigation and annotations, and one a full text indexed database.
Tecarta allows two windows in Landscape Mode. I use the NIV in the left window and the NIV Study Notes in the right Window. They move in sync, if desired, and as one reads on the left the notes appear for the relevant verses on the right.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
kbarnsda
KBar
kbarnsda doesn't litterkbarnsda doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Fire, Amazon Kindle
My vote for Tecarta...Blue background with white open book/blue cross logo. Very easy to use. Very nice to have streamed Bibles. I liked it so much I "bought" so I would have offline use to KJV, NIV, Nivnotes,Amplified, and like SIMARU said, it is very nice to have one version on the left and another on the right.
kbarnsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard

Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnsda View Post
My vote for Tecarta...Blue background with white open book/blue cross logo. Very easy to use. Very nice to have streamed Bibles. I liked it so much I "bought" so I would have offline use to KJV, NIV, Nivnotes,Amplified, and like SIMARU said, it is very nice to have one version on the left and another on the right.
I'm glad you liked the Tecarta Bibles. Its the best for the Kindle Fire.

I even loaded my own 271 Notes from Logos to the Kindle Fire by exporting them to Word. Then I formatted them in outline format with every note Reference and Number in the correct manner.

When uploaded to the Kindle Fire and the Kindle Keyboard (each with it's own unique email address) they came down to both my devices fully indexed. I can find notes for any verse now instantaneously and use them with my Tecarta Bibles.

In the future I could add notes now to my Word document and the note numbers automactally adjust via Word and then just upload the new version.

Evidently Amazon indexes them fully for the 3rd Generation Kindle and the Kindle Fire. The indexing is different and that is why each has a different email address.

By the way, the Tecarta Bibles always shows the book and chapter at the top of each page. Thus, one knows exactly where one is located. That is NOT true for the other Bible packages. They offer an enlarged font and allow for black on white background and white and black background as the lighting requires.

Finally, Tecarta shows EVERY book in the Bible on ONE PAGE and one can get to a particular verse by just tapping the Bible, Chapter and verse. Tecarta also keeps a user accessible record of everywhere one has been so one can jump back and forth fast in a Bible Study.

The fact that I can access EVERY Resource offered by Tecarta FREE via a WiFi connection means I can try them out extensively before downloading and paying for them. I don't know of any other company offering free, unlimited use of resources before paying.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-26-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B16TDOQhfpA

https://market.android.com/details?i...QuYmlibGVpcyJd

http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...95563664346322

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-27-2011 at 06:42 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
kbarnsda
KBar
kbarnsda doesn't litterkbarnsda doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Fire, Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I'm glad you liked the Tecarta Bibles. Its the best for the Kindle Fire.

The fact that I can access EVERY Resource offered by Tecarta FREE via a WiFi connection means I can try them out extensively before downloading and paying for them. I don't know of any other company offering free, unlimited use of resources before paying.
============================================
Hello,
Yes.. I agree...
This is the main reason I went ahead and purchased several of their bibles.
I wanted to support them... as well as have the convenience of having
versions available when I was off line.

I especially like the feature that if you double tap , when the screen is split, the versions "sync up". This allows me to instantly sync when I wish without any special screens to go through.

I also find useful the way with one touch you can reach all your "history".
It has never hung up on me yet as some other versions on the Apple
did. No big deal... just nice that it seems fairly stable.

Easy way to find...on your Fire, go to apps and search for the string "tecarta"
It will return free version of KJV. From that, you can load the rest.

Last edited by kbarnsda; 11-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.
kbarnsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Something that I think works well on the Kindle is the Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE)
http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Encyclop...3661985&sr=8-1 It includes links in its text that lead to an actual copy of the Bible and which show you what the articles are referring to in context. If your looking just for the text of the Bible this isn't a good choice for that but if you are looking to read more about the context of the words in the Bible then this is a very good resource. It has the equivalent of 5 pbooks in one file according to the blurb and I can believe it as it's a 18 mb file.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote