Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 12-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #1
zilla31
zilla31 began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPAQ 4150
noob needs help w/ wcc120a.ixl (cut and paste?)

hey guys (and gals) need a bit of help. i'm new to isilo and i got a hold of the great master list of websites in wcc120a.ixl but i have a problem - what's the easiest way to make this happen? i tried to go through the list and set the destination for only the channels i want (and remove it from all the rest) but isilo still tries to convert everything when i press convert all... and so i wanted to try a different approach and cut and paste the ones i want into a new .ixl file - nah that won't work either - so what's the easiest way to create a list of just the ones i want?

thanks a mil.

zil
Old 12-06-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
A couple of ways to do this:
1) Reorder the list and just convert the ones you choose -- You can cut and paste rows that you highlight, so one thing you can do is move them around. You might find some extra text shows up in any "blank" rows, but that won't hurt anything. Then to convert a subset of rows, you just highlight them and pick F5 or Document/Convert from the menu, or click on the convert icon (right next to convert all).

2) Create a new list with copy and paste -- If you open the original list and highlight the rows you want, then choose "copy" (as in the std Windows copy/paste), then you can open another list (or create a new one) and paste into it. Voila!

3) Copy the ixl file and then delete the rows you DON'T want.

But in all those cases, I think you still have to go through the ones you want and set the parameters (including the destination).

I haven't tried this, but if you're comfortable with xml, you can probably just edit the ixl file in Notepad. Change one destination as a sample and look at the old and new destination information. Then do a mass find/replace based on that information.

Hope that helps