Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-23-2022, 03:26 PM   #1
lking
lking began at the beginning.

Device: samsung a8
newbie experiences

sorry if i am posting to the wrong thread-- took out my beloved friend, my kindle DX, with a cup of coffee 3 months ago -- switched to a samsung A8 tablet -- tried several readers -- settled on ReadERA -- liked the layout, very responsive, plenty of tweaking features/controls -- early on stumbled on the possibility of connecting my calibre library to my new setup -- so excited it was possible -- calibre is such an amazing piece of software -- first reader i tried was inconsistent in establishing the connection-- ReadERA doesn't offer the capability but i found an app -- calibre sync that works great -- you can connect to calibre if your laptop is up and i pediodically copy my calibre library folder to the sdcard for access when i'm away from the PC -- there is cloud access thru the app but i couldn't get either OneDrive or Google Drive to sync changes i made in calibre -- very possibly my limitations -- lots of layout options, lots od sorting options, allows you to add a 'yes/no read' flag -- very necessary at my age -- been very happy with it -- the combo of ReadERA and calibre sync works well for me -- appreciate any tips/tricks you might offer -- many thanks
lking is offline   Reply With Quote