Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-16-2016, 07:37 AM   #1
rogaj
rogaj began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus5
DOCX 2 EPUB: image size in %

Hello Everybody,
I am trying to create my first ePub book from DOCX document. This is technical stuff with many pictures so I need to have sizes of images not in pixels but in width percentage. I can change it manually but this is time consuming. Can it be done automatically during import by means of parameters? My page width in Word is 300 points and this is 100%. Picture with 150 pt width has width 50%. This idea works for different 5" smartphones with different ppi.
I do hope you know the solution
Greetings
Robert
rogaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use extra css

img { width: 100% !important; height: auto !important }
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2016, 08:35 AM   #3
rogaj

Thank you very much for reply!
My problem is that not all pictures have the same width. 300pt this was 100% of page width. In tenths of pictures with equations I have different sizes in points. Is it possible to force editor to use percent instead of points proportionally to assumption that 300pt = 100%?
Why I am for percent? It works for different ppi when the size of screen is similar to 5".
Old 02-16-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No .
Old 02-16-2016, 08:48 AM   #5
rogaj

It's a pity but nevertheless calibre is excellent!
Advert
Old 02-18-2016, 03:30 AM   #6
rogaj

Your hint - use extra css - resulted in simple workaround. I changed for all my pictures canvas size to the same value so I can use the same percent for all. It works in preview window in calibre editor but it does not work for aldiko reader on Android. Can you help me? It is easier to change percent in one place than in hundreds...
Attached Files
File Type: epub PiPen.epub (13.6 KB, 236 views)
Old 02-18-2016, 05:16 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'm afraid I dont know anything about aldiko.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:34 AM   #8
rogaj

OK. I found another workaround... I save my book written as DOCX in HTML format. Then I convert it to EPUB using default settings and in generic Android Google Play Books application everything looks fine. Perhaps Aldiko is "unwilling" to read CSS file...
Old 02-20-2016, 09:16 PM   #9
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogaj View Post
OK. I found another workaround... I save my book written as DOCX in HTML format. Then I convert it to EPUB using default settings and in generic Android Google Play Books application everything looks fine. Perhaps Aldiko is "unwilling" to read CSS file...
There is a setting in Aldiko that controls this. Go to settings ("Tt") on the bottom menu bar, click "more", and look for "Advanced Formatting". If the "Advanced Formatting" box is ticked, Aldiko will override the publisher's css file.

You wouldn't believe how often we get complaints from our authors along the lines of "OMG! All the italics are missing!" in Aldiko.

ETA: by the way, I think several other readers have a similar feature.

HTH
Albert

Last edited by st_albert; 02-20-2016 at 09:18 PM. Reason: afterthought
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
docx, epub, image, percentage, width