Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-16-2015, 11:12 AM   #1
odedta
Addict
odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.

Device: iPad
Google Play Books

Anyone have any idea when Google Play Books Store will be available in Israel?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	302
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	137345  
odedta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
"Officially" - no idea.

But there are always ways around those kinds of imposed restrictions (where legal of course). I'd recommend googling "Free VPN".
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Nope, Google services asks for local bank, local billing address, local IP all together. VPN and Bordelinx billing address will only block your Google Wallet account.

Google Books is nice, by the way. I donit buy books from them but I use it for redundancy, my Calibre library is uploaded there (and synced one-way to my VPS and smartphone). Never keep valuable data in one palace, my paid for and DRM-stripped ebook library is my most valuable digital only thingy.

Last edited by GERGE; 04-16-2015 at 11:32 AM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
That's interesting. I thought all you had to do was link a paypal account to purchase books and type in a "good" address. Paypal is supposed to mask personal information from the seller isn't it? At least that was my impression when I first created a paypal account to use on ebay. As long as you select a VPN based in one of their approved countries, and provide an address from that country... Do you have friends/family that live there that don't mind you borrowing their address?

I wouldn't be able to provide a "local" bank as my bank is all online and headquartered across the country... some of those online banks are headquartered on the other side of the world!...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #5
RobertDDL
Whatever...
RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840, Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Paypal is supposed to mask personal information from the seller isn't it?
I don't think so. Whenever I receive a payment through Paypal, I get the payer's name and address, and when I make a payment, I see no option whether to hide my data or not?
RobertDDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #6
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Paypal accounts are state based too. If you are going to use Google Wallet connected Google services as a fake USA resident, you need an USA Paypal account. But I guess you could add an USA address to your bank account, then create a net-only limited, virtual credit card, connect it to your USA address, and than sign up for a USA Paypal account.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:43 AM   #7
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
Paypal accounts are state based too. If you are going to use Google Wallet connected Google services as a fake USA resident, you need an USA Paypal account. But I guess you could add an USA address to your bank account, then create a net-only limited, virtual credit card, connect it to your USA address, and than sign up for a USA Paypal account.
That's a lot of maneuvering. Is it worth it?
Isn't it easier to buy at kobo if you're shopping for epubs, or amazon if you don't mind converting books?
This is exactly why I don't shop with them. Not available in my country.
I don't care, amazon can take my money any day.

Last edited by Geralt; 04-17-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote