Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2017, 12:02 AM   #1
Grefighter
Grefighter began at the beginning.

Device: KPW4, Voyage, KPW2, DX, K4NT
A couple questions about the Kindle Paperwhite

I have a KWP (6th generation). I used it very often. Here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to add books to collections quickly? I put all the book in a sub-folder under Kindle document folder. But I still have to manually add each book. This is very annoying especially when I have more than 50 books on the device.

2. For word wise function, some people posted here said Kindle creates a .kll folder. I tested this function, it seems that you have to connect to internet to get the file downloaded before you use this function. I would like to know if now I download all the files, then copy it to PC. If I decide to re-read the book and I already delete it from the device, can I copy everything stored on PC back to Kindle instead of using internet download them again?

TIA!
Grefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:18 AM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
No idea on #2, but for #1: If I have a lot of books but few collections, I find it easier to Edit Collection, then it lets you select all the books you want in that collection. I don't have it in hand, but I think you get there by having collections displayed, then tapping the three dots for the menu next to the collection name.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2017, 03:01 AM   #3
tapish.mrd
tapish.mrd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
When you Create a New Colleciton or Edit that colleciton, it gives you an List where you can just tick all the books you want to add in that colleciton. Makes job pretty eazy
To do this
Click on bottom right side of any Kindle collection which has symbol of 3 dots :
Then Click Add/Remove Items

Then select all the books you want in that selciontion

Then Click DONE

All Done mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grefighter View Post

1. Is there a way to add books to collections quickly? I put all the book in a sub-folder under Kindle document folder. But I still have to manually add each book. This is very annoying especially when I have more than 50 books on the device.

2. For word wise function, some people posted here said Kindle creates a .kll folder. I tested this function, it seems that you have to connect to internet to get the file downloaded before you use this function. I would like to know if now I download all the files, then copy it to PC. If I decide to re-read the book and I already delete it from the device, can I copy everything stored on PC back to Kindle instead of using internet download them again?

TIA!
tapish.mrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:04 AM   #4
tapish.mrd
tapish.mrd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
if #1 is sloved form the above comment then there is small solution for #2

I read many pplaceses just update your firmware and you will be able to use Word wise

on Youtube there are many tutorial how to do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grefighter View Post

TIA!
tapish.mrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
Grefighter
Grefighter began at the beginning.

Device: KPW4, Voyage, KPW2, DX, K4NT
Thank you all for your reply! I know how to add books to collections. I have many collections and many books. So select each book from a long list is a pain. My thought was that if Kindle can recognize folders and treat those folders as collections instead of adding each book manually will be great.

tapish.mrd:
What firmware did you refer to? My kindle is update to date. It can use word wise without problem. But just I figured out that to use word wise you have to have internet connection to download the file first. What if I don't have internet? And for "some" books I don't want to connect to Amazon.
Grefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert