Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-19-2021, 03:50 PM   #61
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
YI am using the decryption code from the DeDRM plugin to decrypt that and the decrypted form did work (so the first 16 bytes probably aren't that important), but this might explain some other oddities I ran into. I will try decrypting that with the first 16 bytes of the fingerprint instead and see what that results in. The fingerprint is stored unencrypted in the registry so it should be easy to add that.
The privateLicenseKey contains a RSA 1024-bit private key. It is in PKCS #8 format, which in this case is actually a wrapper around the actual key in PKCS #1 format. When correctly decoded the first two bytes should always be 30 82.

Last edited by jhowell; 11-19-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: add links
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:15 AM   #62
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
I've just attached 0.0.13-beta1 in the 2nd post in this thread, with the following changes:

- Choosing between ADE 2.0.1, 3.0.1, 4.0.3 and 4.5.11 while authorizing.
- Switching between ADE 1.7.2, 2.0.1, 3.0.1, 4.0.3 and 4.5.11 afterwards.
- Importing an existing activation from ADE (Windows & Mac only, no Linux/Wine support yet)
- Fix race condition when importing multiple ACSMs at the same time
- Fix bug where authorization would fail with non-ASCII characters in username.

More details can be found in the 2nd post.

I have tested both authorization and fulfillment with all four/five supported versions, and they did all work. Switching ADE versions only changes a version entry in the device.xml file and only becomes "active" with the next fulfillment. To Adobe, this should look like you just have multiple different versions of ADE installed on one machine.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2021, 11:23 PM   #63
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
I've just attached 0.0.13-beta1 in the 2nd post in this thread, with the following changes: ...
I just started to look at 0.0.13-beta2. I noticed a bug in libadobeFulfill.py, lines 28-29:

Code:
        fingerprint = activationxml.find("./%s/%s" % (adNS("activationToken"), adNS("fingerprint"))).text
        fingerprint = activationxml.find("./%s/%s" % (adNS("activationToken"), adNS("deviceType"))).text
I believe the second assignment should be to device_type.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:13 AM   #64
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Thank you Leseratte_10 for all your work on this great plugin.

I ran a quick test with 0.0.13-beta2 on macOS Catalina and Calibre 5.32.0.

Installing 0.0.13-beta2 over a previous version throws an error:

ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'are_ade_version_lists_valid' referenced before assignment

Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 303, in customize_plugin
File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 381, in modify_plugin
File "calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.__init__", line 142, in config_widget
return config.ConfigWidget(self.plugin_path)
File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.config", line 138, in __init__
if not are_ade_version_lists_valid():
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'are_ade_version_lists_valid' referenced before assignment

Deleting the older plugin then installing 0.0.13-beta2 worked fine.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:55 AM   #65
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I believe the second assignment should be to device_type.
Yeah, you're absolutely correct, that second line is supposed to be "device_type".

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Installing 0.0.13-beta2 over a previous version throws an error:

ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'are_ade_version_lists_valid' referenced before assignment

Deleting the older plugin then installing 0.0.13-beta2 worked fine.

Did this error appear while *installing* the plugin, or did it install successfully and the error showed up when you tried opening the config dialog without first restarting Calibre? In the 2nd case that would be normal.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 11-21-2021 at 02:14 AM.
Advert
Old 11-21-2021, 03:36 AM   #66
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
... Did this error appear while *installing* the plugin, or did it install successfully and the error showed up when you tried opening the config dialog without first restarting Calibre? In the 2nd case that would be normal.
Hmmm ... I thought it was while installing the plugin, but now I cannot reproduce the error, so I'm not sure what happened Sorry for the false alarm!
Old 11-24-2021, 07:36 AM   #67
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have now tested this plugin (0.13b2, Win10) for some library books (epub and pdf). Works very nicely!

Will make life on Linux much easier.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:55 PM   #68
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
I've just attached 0.0.13-beta1 in the 2nd post in this thread, with the following changes:

- Choosing between ADE 2.0.1, 3.0.1, 4.0.3 and 4.5.11 while authorizing.
- Switching between ADE 1.7.2, 2.0.1, 3.0.1, 4.0.3 and 4.5.11 afterwards.
- Importing an existing activation from ADE (Windows & Mac only, no Linux/Wine support yet)
- Fix race condition when importing multiple ACSMs at the same time
- Fix bug where authorization would fail with non-ASCII characters in username.

More details can be found in the 2nd post.

I have tested both authorization and fulfillment with all four/five supported versions, and they did all work. Switching ADE versions only changes a version entry in the device.xml file and only becomes "active" with the next fulfillment. To Adobe, this should look like you just have multiple different versions of ADE installed on one machine.
I just tested the beta on my windows VM then exported the activation and key.
On my Linux calibre Then installed the beta--will need to restart calibre if installing over the DeACSM_0.0.12.zip--then imported the activation and key it works.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:22 AM   #69
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Thanks for testing.

I've just uploaded beta3 to the second post - the device type bug reported by jhowell is fixed, you can now also import an activation from an ADE install in Wine on Linux, and you can remove an existing authorization by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D in the plugin settings.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:26 AM   #70
odamizu
just an egg

Thank you @Leseratte_10!

beta3 looking good on macOS.

(Note: the keyboard equivalent to remove an existing authorization on Mac is Cmd+Shift+D)

Last edited by odamizu; 11-26-2021 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:44 AM   #71
Leseratte_10
Groupie

According to the Python documentation, setting up the key sequence "Ctrl+Shift+D" should automatically handle that as "Cmd+Shift+D" on MacOS. Does this not work? I don't have access to a Mac right now to test.
You can just press this to test, there's a confirmation dialog before anything is actually deleted.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:31 PM   #72
odamizu
just an egg

I did not express myself well. The plugin is fine; my comment was in regards to the instructions.

All I was trying to say is that Macs have both Ctrl key and Cmd key. When providing instructions that may be read by Mac users, it's helpful to clarify that the key combination for Windows (and Linux?) is Ctrl+Shift+D whereas on Mac it's Cmd+Shift+D.

Thank you for great plugin

Quote:
According to the Python documentation, setting up the key sequence "Ctrl+Shift+D" should automatically handle that as "Cmd+Shift+D" on MacOS. Does this not work? I don't have access to a Mac right now to test.
You can just press this to test, there's a confirmation dialog before anything is actually deleted.

Last edited by odamizu; 11-26-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #73
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
... ADE 1.7.2, 2.0.1, 3.0.1, 4.0.3 and 4.5.11 ...

... Switching ADE versions only changes a version entry in the device.xml file and only becomes "active" with the next fulfillment. To Adobe, this should look like you just have multiple different versions of ADE installed on one machine.
Since macOS Catalina and higher cannot run ADE 2.0.1 (because it is 32-bit and Catalina+ requires 64-bit apps), if I emulate 2.0.1 on my Catalina machine using the DeACSM plugin, do you think it will throw a red flag to Adobe since Catalina should not be able to run ADE 2.0.1?

Thank you

Last edited by odamizu; 11-28-2021 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:59 AM   #74
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Since macOS Catalina and higher cannot run ADE 2.0.1 (because it is 32-bit and Catalina+ requires 64-bit apps), if I emulate 2.0.1 on my Catalina machine using the DeACSM plugin, do you think it will throw a red flag to Adobe since Catalina should not be able to run ADE 2.0.1?
Right now, all connections done with the newest version of the plugin will look like Windows connections to Adobe. This means they might be able to detect when you import an authorization from a MacOS install of ADE (since that magically switches OSes as far as Adobe is concerned). If you link your AdobeID through the plugin, it will look like a normal Windows install even on MacOS.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:13 PM   #75
odamizu
just an egg

What witchcraft is this, magically changing my Mac into a Windows machine!

Just kidding. Thank you for the info

Quote:
Right now, all connections done with the newest version of the plugin will look like Windows connections to Adobe. This means they might be able to detect when you import an authorization from a MacOS install of ADE (since that magically switches OSes as far as Adobe is concerned). If you link your AdobeID through the plugin, it will look like a normal Windows install even on MacOS.