Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
xavf
xavf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Kobo Glo N613 - Usb error : Device not detected

Hello,

I am struggling with my Kobo Glo N613 that is not recognized anymore by windows 10 while using the USB cable (code 43 error, Device not detected) and would need help.

I did many unsuccessful tests :

1/ test with another usb cable
2/ reset the battery of my Laptop
3/ uninstall and reconnect using the Device Manager
4/ install the latest windows updates
5/ reinstall usb controllers (Device Manager + reboot)
6/ disable USB selective suspend settings
7/ update the BIOS of my laptop
8/ reinstall windows 10 on my laptop
9/ test with Ubuntu instead of Windows 10

and eventually …

10/ factory reset of the Kobo Glo

After the factory reset, I am not able to upgrade anymore my Kobo (through wifi => systematic error while looking for upgrade, through USB => code 43 error Device not detected).

Any idea on how to proceed to recover my Kobo ?

regards
xavf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:22 PM   #2
Viru78
Viru78 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
I've the same problem. Somewhere i'd read, It can be fix with an USB hub, but don't probe It. My reader is a Kobo Glo HD and hace a laptop Lenovo z5070 with Windows 10 v.1909 with three USB ports.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by Viru78; 11-15-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Viru78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viru78 View Post
I've the same problem. Somewhere i'd read, It can be fix with an USB hub, but don't probe It. My reader is a Kobo Glo HD and hace a laptop Lenovo z5070 with Windows 10 v.1909 with three USB ports.
I think you are referring to an issue where some USB 3.0 ports were not happy connecting to a Kobo but connecting a USB 2.0 hub in between allowed the Kobo to connect.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
Viru78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think you are referring to an issue where some USB 3.0 ports were not happy connecting to a Kobo but connecting a USB 2.0 hub in between allowed the Kobo to connect.
My laptop has an 3.0 USB ports, and two 2.0 USB, neither of them works with my Glo HD

Old 11-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viru78 View Post
My laptop has an 3.0 USB ports, and two 2.0 USB, neither of them works with my Glo HD
For the record, my Glo HD doesn't like my main laptop either. It will connect, but as soon as I do anything serious, Windows displays an unknown device error and sometimes the port will stop working until I reboot the laptop. All the other devices are fine. And the Glo HD is fine with all the other computers I have tried it on.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:07 AM   #6
Viru78

Thanks for your reply David. My problem is that i ' ve only the laptop, and only can use the ereader via wifi with calibre. USB ports, plug and play doesn't works with my Kobo.