Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
stragenews
stragenews began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle paperwhite, iPad
Managing Kindle and iPad in the same PC with two different libraries

I have tried looking in this forum but I haven't found a similar thread. If there is one already, please direct me there.

Maybe it's a bit of a rare case, but here is my situation:
I have a Kindle 3 which is my main reader, I have been using Calibre for years managing my books on it and I love it. But, I recently got an iPad and started using the Kindle app for more graphic content such as comics, graphic novels and such that are non available/usable for classic Kindle.
I have created two separate libraries for each device with the different files I would like on each. So my question is: is it possible I set up Calibre to work with such two different devices? I have read the manual on how to sync the iPad through iTunes, but if I understand it right then I have to also change the output device and preferred output files. It is not clear to me if this will affect the way it synchronizes when I connect my Kindle. Or if I will have to be changing this preferences every time I switch device.

Thank you very much for your help.
stragenews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
No, you don't have to change anything. Calibre detect the connected device and fixes the preferences you've set for it (I have an iPad, calibre companion, Kobo Mini and Kobo Aura)
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert