Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
I am (supposed to be) on vacation until 8/20, and then I have some business/personal duties until the end of August, so I plan to open a Google Code Project for Lucidor at the begininning of September. Meanwhile I will spend some time examining Lucidor code.
It's not like there's a tearing hurry. Do it whenever you get to it.

Quote:
If anyone is willing to join the development staff of this "new Lucidor", please just reply here and/or PM me her or his email address.
I can't guarantee being able to contribute, but count me as interested.

What's in Lucidor/Lucifox now works here. My longer term concern is additions to the ePub spec that it won't handle.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Clearly everyone could contribute according to her or his skills.

Would you mind listing the missing features in the current Lucidor that you want to have implemented in a new release?

For starters, I was thinking of adding some EPUB 3 capabilities.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Clearly everyone could contribute according to her or his skills.

Would you mind listing the missing features in the current Lucidor that you want to have implemented in a new release?

For starters, I was thinking of adding some EPUB 3 capabilities.
That would be my choice. Thus far, Lucidor/Lucifox have displayed what I have brought up in them, but that's hardly a representative selection of the ePub universe.

My understanding of the spec is that graceful degradation is mandated, with things not supported by a particular viewer implementation simply not displayed. (So an embedded video or audio clip might not be available on a a dedicated reader, but the text and static images would display as intended.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
If anyone is willing to join the development staff of this "new Lucidor", please just reply here and/or PM me her or his email address.
UP, I am considering working on this pet project from the beginning of the next week.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote