Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Post Literature: a Life changer Like Any Other

Orhan Pamuk, Nobel for Literature in 2006, wrote in one essay in My Father's Suitcase" something like this:

Quote:
I have to take a time each and every day for romance. If I don't have that time, I lose. Expose to reality can't take the day out, to be in the real world has a limit. I need to be somewhere else, to gather imagination.
People use to ask fiction readers what does literature have done for him or her, what work book has changed his life. I do think that the answer may be: no particular one. Reading, for a reader rather than a tv watcher or a walker-by, is the essence of each day; the sun of a monday, the atomic bomb of tuesday and so on, that makes you feel everything more deeply thank to the words you sipped.

But, what does a reader differs from a movie watcher? I propose the answer:
Quote:
Nothing, as long as the movie watcher watches as a reader reads.
Power, motivation and creativity are the key that fiction gives, along with the matter story and the reflection on it. A reader with nothing to read see darkness and demotivation, less or no meaning for the day. Reading is permitting yourself to touch the soul day by day. To live each day better is the difference a reader feels in his life in comparison with the darkness without it.

Not a single work alone, but a life of reading makes days better, one by one. You feel more with a story in mind, you do more thinking you are continuing the story you loved. At the end, you maintain a greater life composed of days on that you had that light. That's not what a Pullitzer book does, not a philosopher in particular does: that is fiction, a spring to imagination.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiction relevance, life-changer, literature, opinion, tv watcher