Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Book Cleaner files v1.7 2009-02-20

With the help of Harry T and vvv I've been able to tweak Book Cleaner (part of Book Designer) and now I have them set so they work well. 1.bcf and 2.bcf are before and after files 1 is before and 2 is after.

Just put them in your bookcleaner directory and then run Book Cleaner from BD and you'll be able to make use of them.

Jon

Note: Version 1.0 downloaded 59 times.
Note: Version 1.1 downloaded 9 times.
Note: Version 1.2 downloaded 17 times
Note: Version 1.3 downloaded 262 times
Note: Version 1.4 downloaded 83 times
Note: Version 1.5 downloaded 795 times
Note: Version 1.6 downloaded 471 times
Note: Version 1.7 downloaded 952 times

I had setup in Book Cleaner a fix so OE did not become emdashes. That problem was because when I did it, I was using the French language. Well, because I'm using German, that no longer needs to be fixed. Also, that fix causes graphics from LIT files to sometimes be missed. It picks up the cover, but not the rest of the graphics. So anyway, here is version 1.7. If you have version 1.0-1.6, please update with this version.

Added 1.8 to fix loading of graphics
Attached Files
File Type: zip BC18.zip (1.1 KB, 3039 views)

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-08-2010 at 09:45 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Book Cleaner files version 1.1

Fixes a St. where it can cause a new paragraph.
Advert
Old 07-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
What else does it do other than correct the "St." problem?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The old one fixed emdashes too. I was just about to search for this file again, JSWolf (I apparently wiped the ones I had ), so I'm especially glad that you chose today to update it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It fixes...
emdashes
Mr.
Mrs.
St.
-- to emdash
?
. And,
“ + space to just “
oe
Dr.
That's what gets fixed. If anyone else knows of anything that needs fixing, please say so here and I can add it in.
Advert
Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Version 1.2 fixes a mistake I made with . And that caused things like Mr. and to become Mr. And. I forgot to check case specific. Now it works fine. Should be no more bugs.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

One thing that was forgotten to be mentioned is that in order to preserve the proper dashes (reglar, emdash, etc.), when you go to make the Sony Reader (LRF) file, select the options tab and under misc make sure dashes is set to "as it is" and then dashes will not be converted.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Thanks for that reminder, JSWolf, I'd forgotten it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Thanks for that reminder, JSWolf, I'd forgotten it.
I only remembered when trying to help HarryT fix the emdashes with the Queens Own FBI series and he said he's using the Book Cleaner 1.3 files. The default I think is to convert the dashes. And that does blow away the emdashes for sure.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #10
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
Unclear about the install instructions. I installed Book Designer from a week ago. I'm assuming book cleaner files go in C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\BookCleaner . I'm supposed to add only 2.bcf but not 1.bcf? Do I need to rename it or overwrite anything? The directory already has MiddleDashes_before and MiddleDashes_after.
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
Unclear about the install instructions. I installed Book Designer from a week ago. I'm assuming book cleaner files go in C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\BookCleaner . I'm supposed to add only 2.bcf but not 1.bcf? Do I need to rename it or overwrite anything? The directory already has MiddleDashes_before and MiddleDashes_after.
1.bcf and 2.bcf both go in the bookcleaner directory. Then run Book Cleaner and then select 1.bcf as the input file before formatting and 2.bcf as the input file after formatting. Then close Book Cleaner and load the next book and it'll do it's magic. But, every so often, run Book Cleaner to make sure they are still selected. In the versions of BD before July 2007, it was possible to lose the BC settings and the BC files would just need to be selected again. Don't know about the July 2007 version and if it loses it's settings.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
In particular, if you open a second copy of BD (very useful when compiling "omnibus" books to copy and paste from one to another), the 2nd copy will have the BD "default" settings rather than the ones you've selected.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Reference to this thread now added to the BookDesigner Wiki.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Reference to this thread now added to the BookDesigner Wiki.
I just took a look at the Wiki and fixed a couple errors with regards to the latest BD update. ALso, I cannot finmd the reference to this thread in the wiki.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 AM   #15
shen
shen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
If have some problems with dialogs. From the original PDF, dialogs start with two spaces and are separeted by a line break. It looks like this:

Code:
Sein Gesichtsausdruck blieb unverändert. Seine gefalteten
Hände ruhten friedlich auf dem Deckenrand, und die Hitze, in
der ich mir vorkam wie ein Suppenhuhn beim Sieden, schien
ihn nicht einmal zu wärmen.
  »Muß ich höflich sein?« fragte ich. »Oder geht´s auch mit
Offenheit?«
  »Ich habe nicht bemerkt, daß Sie unter großen Hemmungen
leiden, Mr. Marlowe.«
  »Streunen die beiden Mädchen gemeinsam durch die
Gegend?«
  »Ich glaube kaum. Sie rennen wohl auf getrennten und leicht
voneinander abweichenden Wegen in ihr Verderben. Vivian ist
verzogen, anspruchsvoll, raffiniert und ziemlich skrupellos.
Carmen ist ein Kind, das den Fliegen gern die Flügel abreißt.
Keine von beiden hat mehr Moral als eine Katze. Ich übrigens
auch nicht. Kein Sternwood hat je welche gehabt. Fahren Sie
fort.«
  »Vermutlich hatten sie eine gute Erziehung. Wissen Sie, was
sie tun?«
After conversion, dialogs are no more separeted, which is hard to read. It looks like that:

Code:
Sein Gesichtsausdruck blieb unverändert. Seine gefalteten
Hände ruhten friedlich auf dem Deckenrand, und die Hitze, in der
ich mir vorkam wie ein Suppenhuhn beim Sieden, schien ihn nicht
einmal zu wärmen. »Muß ich höflich sein?«fragte ich. »Oder geht´s
auch mit Offenheit?« »Ich habe nicht bemerkt, daß Sie unter großen
Hemmungen leiden, Mr. Marlowe.« »Streunen die beiden Mädchen
gemeinsam durch die Gegend?« »Ich glaube kaum. Sie rennen wohl
auf getrennten und leicht voneinander abweichenden Wegen in ihr
Verderben. Vivian ist verzogen, anspruchsvoll, raffiniert und ziemlich
skrupellos.
Carmen ist ein Kind, das den Fliegen gern die Flügel abreißt.
Keine von beiden hat mehr Moral als eine Katze. Ich übrigens
auch nicht. Kein Sternwood hat je welche gehabt. Fahren Sie fort.« 
»Vermutlich hatten sie eine gute Erziehung. Wissen Sie, was sie tun?«
Any idea, how this can be fixed?

Stefan
shen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookcleaner, bookdesigner