Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-24-2015, 08:52 PM   #121
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
...you're in the company of others who love ebooks as much as you do. : )

(A well-read member of another forum actually called ebooks "an abomination"! That's when I realized how special this forum was.)

Last edited by trichobezoar; 01-24-2015 at 08:55 PM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #122
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
...you're in the company of others who love ebooks as much as you do. : )

(A well-read member of another forum actually called ebooks "an abomination"! That's when I realized how special this forum was.)
Lol! Actually that's pretty sad
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #123
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Yeah! And indoor plumbing is just a fad!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #124
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Tell me that when I'm not reading a book set in 1745 please ..... (they aint got none)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #125
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Lol! Actually that's pretty sad
lol It is sad... He (the member of that forum) is such an avid reader. He reads a book a week it seems. At the time, he'd read most of the interesting books at his local library, so I recommended ebooks. That's when he said they were an abomination. I laughed so hard. At the same time, it made me... never want to post in that thread again. I created that thread for those who loved the written word. He and I were the only ones keeping it going too. *shaking head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I doubt he considers computers a fad or an abomination. lol

It's nice to be in the company of those who like ereaders and ebooks as much as I do. : )
Advert
Old 01-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #126
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
One of the few people in my school who likes books (as opposed to being one of those occasional-thriller-readers) is also quite insistent ebooks are an abomination.

Strangely enough, when I mention something interesting, he is quite willing to read excerpts from my Kindle.

Then I remind him "aren't ebooks an abomination? " and he quickly rationalizes it away in more and more ingenious ways.

I have hope for him...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #127
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Yeah, the people that don't get it REALLY don't get it
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:34 PM   #128
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

The written word is the written word--whether it manifests digitally or in print. Calling ebooks an abomination is like calling digital art an abomination... The closed-mindedness of some people is beyond me. *shaking head*
Old 01-27-2015, 11:28 PM   #129
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I agree with your comparison, trichobezoar! I have a distant relative who's older than me (that could be a reason for her own set way of thinking), but she brushes off and disregards digital art and thinks it's SO easy to make. I always had to explain it to her but she always has a reason, and a reason after another reason. The great defender. Hahaha.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:30 PM   #130
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, in reference to the original thread..

You know you're in MobileRead forum if... you try to kid around and you get an extensive reply from another user who actually took your comment seriously. To top it off, there would also be an included explanation and statistics to prove that your comment (which is only supposed to be a joke) is void. Hahaha. I love MR people.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #131
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin2412 View Post
I agree with your comparison, trichobezoar! I have a distant relative who's older than me (that could be a reason for her own set way of thinking), but she brushes off and disregards digital art and thinks it's SO easy to make. I always had to explain it to her but she always has a reason, and a reason after another reason. The great defender. Hahaha.
I once knew an older lady at church who wished that the Government would go back to the old way of doing things and stop using computers. Of course if they did then everyone's Social Security checks would probably be 6 months late as a result. You can't turn back the clock on things, and that includes ebooks. Besides it's a natural progression as far as availability goes. In ancient times it took months to copy a book by hand then Gutenberg came along and books became cheaper. Now comes the ebook which can be downloaded anywhere as long as you have an internet connection nearby. And that's another sign you're on MobileRead. A rehash of the history of how available the written word is now days compared to in the past.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:22 AM   #132
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress

Quote:
In ancient times it took months to copy a book by hand then Gutenberg came along and books became cheaper. Now comes the ebook which can be downloaded anywhere as long as you have an internet connection nearby.
Same sentiments, crich. As much as I like to read historicals... I actually don't want to go back in time. Haha.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #133
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You know you are on a MobileRead forum if....

.... the thread eventually devolves into a discussion of people who don't get ebooks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #134
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

.... the thread eventually devolves into a discussion of people who don't get ebooks.
And how sorry we feel for those poor misguided souls.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #135
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

That isn't "devolving", that is the unstated purpose!

Thread titles are just an excuse...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote