Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #16
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
All I'm saying is that the following sentence, as quoted, does not correspond to reality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
If Amazon refuses to accept your AZW just change the extension on the file to .mobi and it should find it just fine.
To me, this is not a big deal because (as stated last year) I convert all e-books to EPUB anyway, due to the inferiority of the Kindle e-reader in all its mutations, but for those users who prefer to stick with the Kindle format(s), it might be worth pointing out that getting AZW files accepted on an iPad is not always (or not usually, or never) as easy as simply changing the file extension. It really might be worth performing a full-fledged conversion to MOBI instead, for example in Calibre – after all, that only takes a few seconds as well.

Last edited by Faterson; 07-18-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #17
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Faterson is back!! It's about time.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
In regard to viewing personally created KF8 files on the iPad:

If you want to preview personal AZW3/KF8 files (that you've created yourself) on an iPad, there's one--and only one--way to do so. You must use KindlePreviewer to create a special AZK file and then sideload it using iTunes.

All other ways (other than downloading a commercially prepared/sold KF8) result in you seeing a mobi-only conversion or the mobi-only portion of the dual-format kindlegen output.

In short: if you're not purchasing an AZW3/KF8 from Amazon, or creating an AZK with KindlePreviewer to sideload via iTunes.... you're seeing a plain-jane mobi on the iPad (regardless of what the file extension might be).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-18-2014 at 12:19 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #19
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
... and in the case of KindleGen output, the plain-jane MOBI tends to be of atrocious quality, so one might as well save the trouble and convert to (preferably) EPUB instead, in a more capable converter such as Calibre. I think that is what the original poster of this thread eventually did, and good for him.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #20
lottomotto
lottomotto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Hello,

So I have AZW3 with xray file that I use in my Kindle... no way to have them on my ios device with X-ray?
lottomotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottomotto View Post
Hello,

So I have AZW3 with xray file that I use in my Kindle... no way to have them on my ios device with X-ray?
AZW3 files do not work on Apple Devices as you have seen. Amazon uses a different format called AZK as described in our wiki for these ebooks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote