Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Sony 650 Standby picture

I can't seem to figure out how to get the standby pictures to work. I've removed the 3 images by "Exploring" the device drive under \database\media\images. I then put in 3 of my own .jpg images that show when you are viewing pictures under applications. Now I have a blank sleep mode.

Suggestions?
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You need to specifically set the pictures you want as screensaver images. See the manual.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Took me a while but I found it on pg 84. View the picture in the application, then go to options and select "Standby Screen". You can do that with one or even more of the pictures. Cool.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Make sure you click the DONE button after you check the pictures you want to be used as the standy screen. That tripped me up the first time.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Make sure you click the DONE button after you check the pictures you want to be used as the standy screen. That tripped me up the first time.
Me too!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've turned that off. All it does is waste the battery.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
koadic
koadic doesn't litterkoadic doesn't litter

Device: prs-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've turned that off. All it does is waste the battery.
How does it waste battery?

Granted, I am by no means an expert when it comes to the 650, but here is how I see it:
Whenever it goes into sleep mode, it changes the image on the screen. Instead of changing it to a blank image (still an image change) when it goes into sleep, it instead changes it to a predetermined image stored on the 650. It takes no extra battery power to maintain one image over another. I don't see anything that would use any extra battery, beside the amount it needs to call the image from memory, and I can't see how that would even have a noticable effect on the battery life. Even if this somehow reduced my battery life by 30 minutes to an hour over the three weeks that it stays charged (still would like to have any solid facts to back up any battery reduction vs. no image though), I wouldn't really call it wasting the battery anyway.

If you have some other information that I obviously dont know about, please inform me.
koadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #8
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
AFAIK, the whole selling point of e-ink is that it only uses the battery when it is changing the image, not when it is displaying it, thus giving the reader a longer running time on a single charge. So leaving a static image on the screen should neither discharge the battery sooner nor cause screen burn-in.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote