Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #16
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulopen View Post
Anybody knows wether PB 912 is still out of stock in the US?
I know, for sure - yes, it is out of stock and so far there are no signs of it coming back. PB902 is still here, but will be soon sell out as well.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #17
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I know, for sure - yes, it is out of stock and so far there are no signs of it coming back. PB902 is still here, but will be soon sell out as well.
Do you have any insights on why PocketBook has retreated from the North American market? Is the price competition too fierce against Amazon, Kobo and B&N (with their e-book stores)?

It's too bad, because I would have bought a 622 if they stocked them over here.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #18
celticgirl
Enthusiast
celticgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo SONY
Could someone please tell me if the PB 912 is compatible with a Mac? Thanks!
celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 AM   #19
Cruzverde
Cruzverde began at the beginning.

Device: PB 912
PB912 compatible with Mac

Yes it is compatible, I use it with my Mac (OSX 10.7) When you plug it, it shows up as a USB device on your desktop : you can then
1- either drag and drop your books in the Book folder in it
2- or use a library management tool like Calibre to perform the task for you : Calibre recognizes the internal file system of the PB912 and will put your books in the right folder, after renaming them according to your naming scheme (author name in full or only initials, one subfolder per author, or per series, or per journal... it's all customizable)
Cruzverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
celticgirl
Enthusiast
celticgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo SONY
Hi everyone! I think I have narrowed down my search to the Onyx boox M 92 for the following reasons; large e ink screen, annotate pdf files, wi fi. (no PB 912 in US) Kindle DX- no annotating, Jetbook color- shaky no browser. One question remains- how is the web browser? I am interested in responses from the US- that's where I am. How is the online book buying experience?
Thank you for any reply!
celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #21
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post
Hi everyone! I think I have narrowed down my search to the Onyx boox M 92 ... how is the web browser?
you mean the Onyx M92 web-browser? if so, your best chance is to ask people on the onyx forum
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #22
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post
(no PB 912 in US)
I got my PB 912 on ebay a week ago. It arrived in something like 8 days (from Hong Kong). As far as I can tell, it's the genuine article. I paid $260.00 for mine but the price seems to be creeping up a little bit. I'd post a link to the current auction but I'm at work and ebay is blocked here.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Do you have any insights on why PocketBook has retreated from the North American market? Is the price competition too fierce against Amazon, Kobo and B&N (with their e-book stores)?

It's too bad, because I would have bought a 622 if they stocked them over here.
Yes, I do have insights, and yes, they were not ready for the real market and real market prices - they could not price their devices in line with the competition, because their core market was and is Russia, where, for certain reasons, prices on consumer electronics is much much higher than in US, so pricing was oriented at Russia and Europe, not North America, where the real market with real prices is))))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote