Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Problem with K4T lighted covers?

So I heard a rumor that there was a problem with these, and I noticed that my cover switched from a definite delivery date, to 'we'll let you know when it's available'. A quick google search turned up nothing for me, soooo...

Anyone know anything?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
So I heard a rumor that there was a problem with these, and I noticed that my cover switched from a definite delivery date, to 'we'll let you know when it's available'. A quick google search turned up nothing for me, soooo...

Anyone know anything?
I'd love to know too. Ordered mine and paid for next day delivery weeks ago, got told Nov 23rd for delivery, and although Amazon have never told me differently than this date, it now says "Out of stock" instead of "Due out on 23rd Nov" on their web site and I'm reading on forums it's been delayed till Jan 2012!!!!!

I'd even consider the non lighted version just now to keep me going, but its also out of stock. Some folk online saying PC World are selling them, but their web site doesn't even list them as an item.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Yeah, I'm wondering this as well. The K4T and the cover are a gift for my Mom's birthday, so I hope there's no big delay.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Delayed until January I'm one of those weird people who buys a Kindle just for the lighted cover. I was really looking forward to getting the new one, but now my K4 will be in the box until the cover arrives.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
Huey4prez
Huey4prez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Delayed until January I'm one of those weird people who buys a Kindle just for the lighted cover. I was really looking forward to getting the new one, but now my K4 will be in the box until the cover arrives.
Me too! And the new cases look better than my old lighted case. Well, not color-wise, as they suspiciously have no blue...
Huey4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:18 AM   #6
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Do you have a link or something that gives more information? Where are you getting your information?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:19 AM   #7
gweminence
Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey4prez View Post
Me too! And the new cases look better than my old lighted case. Well, not color-wise, as they suspiciously have no blue...
Why is that suspicious? It sucks, for sure -- color choices this time around, particularly 'green', are truely horrible. But why suspicious?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 AM   #8
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do you have a link or something that gives more information? Where are you getting your information?
I was responding to an earlier post in this thread, but rumors of a delay appear to be correct. Instead of a firm shipping date like all my other Amazon purchases, the cover shows as "You'll be notified by email when it ships".
Old 11-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #9
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
cancelled my order

I had the lighted case on order, but cancelled it. I ended up ordering a case from casecrown.

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-All-...0924897&sr=1-1

It was 5.21 plus about 4 something shipping for about 10 bucks. Its simulated leather which is fine, it will hold me over until I get something better. Right now I'm carrying my kindle around in a padded mailing envelope!!
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
What is it with Amazon and their Kindle cases? For the 3rd generation the non-lighted cover was causing issues with Kindles freezing/rebooting due to some short from the metal hinges going into the Kindle. Now with the latest model the LIGHTED cover seems to be delayed due to more issues? I thought they would have paid extra attention to case problems after last year's issues. They seemed to have come up with a good idea to have the metal prongs the back as opposed to the hole/hinge design. Weird.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I went ahead and ordered a non lighted cover for now. Those are on backorder, but only 10-13 days.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #12
gweminence
Fat Guy

I wish there was some concrete information on this. Maybe I'll call amazon.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #13
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Mine still says:

Delivery Estimate: November 17, 2011

I ordered the green lighted cover on the day of the announcement.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 11-10-2011 at 02:29 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #14
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My order for the K4 (not Touch) lighted cover still has a delivery date of November 17.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #15
JoHunt
I am what I am

Quote:
I wish there was some concrete information on this. Maybe I'll call amazon.
I'd be curious what they have to say about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Mine still says:
Delivery Estimate: November 17, 2011
I ordered the green lighted cover on the day of the announcement.
You may want to recheck your order. The Touch lighted cover was never scheduled for delivery before November 30 (I also ordered date of announcement). November 17 is the delivery date for another type of cover.

Last edited by JoHunt; 11-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.