Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Bug report M90-M91S

When i select "zoom selected area" option in Scribble, (not when i read a pdf), the device blocks. I have to push some random keys in order to re-activate it.

Besides i cannot connect with my mail in yahoo.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Larrie
Enthusiast
Larrie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600, PB 360, Ectaco JB, Kindle DX, PRS 950, M90
I can confirm the "blindspot" to wacom stylus previously reported in the "Onyx Boox M90 now available" thread. It is a circular spot just next to the location of the speaker, and it does not allow any annotation or scribbling over that circle no matter what.

Also the TTS actually works, it is so soft even with volume set at maximum that initially I thought it was not working - you practically have to put your ear over the speaker to hear it.
Larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Large PDF will put to device into halt and flips extremely slowly.

dictionary is a joke.

scribbling feature doesn't work well as intended.

doc file has punctuates placement wrong.

web browsing is horrendous....
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

cropped PDF isn't shown properly.

I have cropped a scanned PDF to hide those scanning dark strips, but M90 displays them all... why is that?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Because it's a picture that is part of the document. No way to guess you want it cut off. You'd have to use BRISS or something similar to get rid of them.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
jian1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
Because it's a picture that is part of the document. No way to guess you want it cut off. You'd have to use BRISS or something similar to get rid of them.
but it's part of the PDF standards that cropping should not be displayed of the document, and all the acroreader realizes it but Boox...
Old 07-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #7
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
I can confirm the "blindspot" to wacom stylus previously reported in the "Onyx Boox M90 now available" thread. It is a circular spot just next to the location of the speaker, and it does not allow any annotation or scribbling over that circle no matter what.
Actually, no problem with my device. I can write everywhere i want. However, compared to PB903, it is very slowly.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
tsamnick
tsamnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M90
Hi,
I just got an M90 and i have to admit that although I have had no previous experience with similar devices, it has not proven itself to be what I expected! It seems to be slow, I cannot connect to the web and when I insist, it stucks and I have to shut it down and restart. Am I doing something wrong? Not to mention that there is no ... gravitational spinning like the international site claims!
tsamnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Nope, the grav-sensor does not appear to exist. Today the M90 irritated me with several random page turns while I was outside (in the shade).
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 AM   #10
Fabyk
Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus / Onyx Boox M90
I have a problem with underlining text (scribble) in a djvu-file. although it's possible when i am reading, it is not saved afterwards. next time i'm opening the djvu-book, all the underlines are gone :-(

does anyone have experiences with this problem?
Fabyk is offline   Reply With Quote