Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 12-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Help! mp3 player recommendation needed!

Once again, I need a new mp3 player. I had been happy with AGPTek for years, but the last one won't play anymore unless it's plugged in, and the one before that, the clip broke off. (Before that, I had one that lasted years, but that model is discontinued.)

So I turned to one from Victure, which lasted only a few months; it powers up but is stuck on the home screen and can't be reset. And the clip on that one broke off as well.

I need something with a clip, variable speed playback, and long battery life (at least 18 hours). Any recommendations? I'm currently using an old Sansa Clip, which still works great but the variable speed option is crap (way too fast!), as is the battery life.

Help!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 09:05 PM   #2
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is my latest one. Not that all my others have died, I am just addicted to buying the darn things! Has a clip that I haven't managed to break, good battery life, separate volume control (which is important to me) and sounds good for books. I don't know about variable speed though, I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow and check for you if you would like.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2021, 09:38 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is my latest one. Not that all my others have died, I am just addicted to buying the darn things! Has a clip that I haven't managed to break, good battery life, separate volume control (which is important to me) and sounds good for books. I don't know about variable speed though, I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow and check for you if you would like.
S
Thanks, that is one I was considering; the manual says it does have variable speed. My previous mp3 players have had speed settings of 1-8, with 8 actually being about 1.5x, which is what I like to use. If it's not too much trouble, I would really appreciate it if you could check what speed settings are offered on the device. I don't want to go all the way up to 2x, which is what my old Sansa Clip offers.

Again, thanks.

Last edited by Catlady; 12-12-2021 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:46 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Why not get one without a clip and purchase a separate cover with a clip? If the clip breaks just replace the cover.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 05:03 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Why not get one without a clip and purchase a separate cover with a clip? If the clip breaks just replace the cover.
Apache
I've never seen a cover with a clip.
Advert
Old 12-13-2021, 06:38 PM   #6
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have seen some before with a spring style clip. It was a while ago and I do not remember where. Probably around 10 years ago.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:49 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

I got the Ruizu clip mp3 player. So far, so good. The interface is almost exactly the same as that of the AGPTek mp3 player, so I don't have a learning curve. Hopefully it will last for a while!
Old 12-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #8
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I got the Ruizu clip mp3 player. So far, so good. The interface is almost exactly the same as that of the AGPTek mp3 player, so I don't have a learning curve. Hopefully it will last for a while!
I am so sorry I didn't get back to you!! Life just got in the way.
I looked at mine today, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to speed up the play of a book.
I hope it works out for you and does everything you need it to do.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 10:05 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I am so sorry I didn't get back to you!! Life just got in the way.
I looked at mine today, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to speed up the play of a book.
I hope it works out for you and does everything you need it to do.
S
No problem; thanks for recommending it, as it seems to be everything I wanted--I'm just hoping it lasts for a while.

Re the variable speed: When you are playing a file, you click on the "up" button, then click on sound settings, where there's a variable speed option. There you can set the speed from -8 to +8. It's the same as the AGPTek, with the +8 being around 1.5x speed--exactly how I like to listen to audiobooks.