Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-16-2022, 04:02 AM   #16
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Indeed, we even say so in the comments.

This specific one could probably be more generically written as follows:
Code:
.fn-ref a
{
    -cr-hint: footnote-inpage;
    margin: 0 !important;
}
I don't think that's some kind of calibre standard though, is it?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #17
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I guess this is not calibre-designed / intended. I noticed calibre just takes all the proprietary classes and labels them calibre1, calibre2, etc sometimes. And it might get complicated if there were multiple such conversions before the suer finally finds the book
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:35 PM   #18
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Frenzie,
Thank for for pointing to the code it is interesting to see so many different types of notes/footnotes.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:14 AM   #19
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Sorry, I am not sure if I follow - are you saying Calibre conversion makes it so that footnotes are not visible on the same page? Anyway, I uploaded a book with no conversion (attached), and footnotes are not showing on the same page either - but the html code is different too:

Code:
<sup><a id="przypis6_1" href="footnotes_39.xhtml#opis_przypisu6_1">[1]</a></sup>
Attached Files
File Type: epub Book2_scrambled.epub (2.36 MB, 264 views)
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:29 AM   #20
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Possibly usable with [id^=przypis] (starts with), but I doubt that's anything we'd want to cover by default.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:46 AM   #21
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is no problem, I am still more interested in the books I had mentioned earlier, here and here. I reloaded the file from post 4 and footnotes are not displaying at the bottom of the page - for both cases, is it a matter of adding .przypis, przypis1, .fn-ref to a specific styletweak, and could it be done in the next build? Or is Calibre conversion breaking the view?
Old 05-22-2022, 09:50 AM   #22
Frenzie
Wizard

I forgot to add .przypis? I guess I forgot about it over Christmas. I'll do that one now. [Edit: no, I added that! Heh. But note that you have to explicitly enable classic classname footnotes in style tweaks iirc because they're not quite "proper".]

The .fn-ref not quite, note that I wrote ".fn-ref a" (But untested.)

Last edited by Frenzie; 05-22-2022 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:15 PM   #23
Buhaj47
Zealot

Thanks, how do I enable classic classname footnotes? I must have missed a guide on that.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:03 AM   #24
mergen3107
Wizard

Top Menu - (second or third tab, don't remember) - Style Tweaks - then in some of these menus there is something related to footnotes in epub and fb2, including classic options
Old 05-29-2022, 11:05 AM   #25
Buhaj47
Zealot

I think i have these options active, unless there are some others, but in-page footnotes are not displaying.

EDIT: just looked at the English version and noticed classic classnames were disabled, activated them and it works! The Polish language version uses "proper" instead of "classic", did not know what these were lol.

Last edited by Buhaj47; 05-29-2022 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:39 PM   #26
Frenzie
Wizard

Hooray!
Old 06-06-2022, 03:34 PM   #27
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
@Buhaj47: I corrected the Polish translation of these two menu items, so it will be "classic".
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote