Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-11-2022, 05:19 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
Well, fair enough. That is very subjective, like the need for buttons. I prefer the orange light because my bedside light is 2700K and I like to have the amber lighting on on the device to make the page seem white as paper. Plain white lighting looks very bluish in those circumstances. Turning off the internal lighting completely is not very satisfactory to me because the page seems very greyish.
If I have the light on, the bedside lamp is off. If the bedside lamp is on, the light is off.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:28 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
However the other are all fine. You need them side by side and the difference is not enough to show up easily on honest photography.
GoodEReader did a video comparing the PW5 to the Libra 2. While you may or may not like the review, they did it in 4k and the video is rather good to be able to get a good look st both screens. You can see that the Libra 2 screen is better.

GoodEReader's videos have gotten a lot better looking. The reviews are still the same.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:31 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If the Libra 2 had no buttons, I would still have bought it.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:12 AM   #79
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
Wow, did this post really go down the rabbit hole. In reality the only thing that matters is which screen the purchaser prefers.
Please! To the true poseur what matters is what costs most and what looks most distinctively different and is widely-enough advertised that everyone who sees it in use *knows* how ridiculously expensive it is. Who cares how it works or even if it works, you have people for that: what matters is that it is visibly coated in diamonds, even though the diamonds make it really awful to hold.

(I don't think this is the entire reason why the Oasis is so expensive -- it's just not expensive *enough* to be a Veblen good -- but I bet it's part of it. Unlike most ergonomic stuff it's for people who need good ergonomics *and* poseurs. Mind you, stuff that's purely ergonomic and only for people who really need it is even *more* expensive because they tend to match prices with medical stuff, which is nightmare city. What do you mean £600 is expensive for a keyboard?)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:07 AM   #80
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
GoodEReader did a video comparing the PW5 to the Libra 2. While you may or may not like the review, they did it in 4k and the video is rather good to be able to get a good look st both screens. You can see that the Libra 2 screen is better.

GoodEReader's videos have gotten a lot better looking. The reviews are still the same.
You don't need 4K, but you need consistent calibrated lighting, a calibrated HDR camera and calibrated HDR screen. Even so few TV/Monitor setups compare well with real life. It's like trying to compare paper for printers on a computer screen.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:59 PM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You don't need 4K, but you need consistent calibrated lighting, a calibrated HDR camera and calibrated HDR screen. Even so few TV/Monitor setups compare well with real life. It's like trying to compare paper for printers on a computer screen.
The lighting was good from what I remember. As for the TV, I think my LG 65" C1 OLED will do just fine to see the videos shot by GoodEReader.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:34 AM   #82
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the Libra 2 had no buttons, I would still have bought it.
Yeah I think I would as well. The blacks are very black and crisp.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 11:57 AM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
Yeah I think I would as well. The blacks are very black and crisp.
While I have tried the buttons, the majority of the time, I use the touch screen to change the page.