Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-06-2022, 03:01 PM   #136
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Nope, but I very much respect MapleRead. I have purchased all 3 versions of it. It's possible that MapleRead may already be better than Marvin at this point.

However, I'm primarily interested in a cross-platform solution (for example, I only own an Android phone), so my main hope currently is BookFusion.

I'm very happy with the feedback provided by the BookFusion developer in that BookFusion thread, so it does look hopeful. He's familiar with Marvin and wants BookFusion to outdo it in all respects.

I've already submitted some specific feedback to him, listing a few features in which BookFusion currently still lags behind Marvin (such as no swipe up-or-down gesture in BookFusion, for adjusting screen brightness), and I'm hopeful these features will be added to BookFusion later on.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 04:17 PM   #137
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I hate to say this, but cross platform solutions being iOS and Android are not something you should be looking for as a good solution isn't there. Most programs for reading ePub are garbage. And most that aren't don't have both iOS and Android versions.

So what you need to find is a solution for Android if such exists and if the solution is an iOS app, switch phones.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:44 PM   #138
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
cross platform solutions being iOS and Android are not something you should be looking for as a good solution isn't there.
Have you already looked at BookFusion, as I suggested to you? What would you currently find insufficient about it?

You can look at my list of issues here. What would be your list?

Being specific is more useful than posting blanket statements such as "there is and never will be good cross-platform EPUB software, period".

I don't think there are very many things that BookFusion needs to add/fix to be equal to or better than Marvin.

Most importantly, BookFusion does not have Marvin's crucial weakness: non-availability of annotations syncing. That's Marvin's cardinal flaw (and quite embarrassing, really), and if this core feature still isn't available in Marvin in 2022, the app just can't be taken seriously. That was true 10 years ago, and much more so now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
switch phones
For heaven's sake, anything but that!

I'm so happy I ditched the iPhone back in 2017 or so, switching to Samsung Note phones.

Apple software is just so lame – really tailor-made for users with an IQ of no more than 70.

Yeah, smart users can use Apple devices, too, if absolutely forced to, but it typically causes suffering to them, due to all the drastic Apple restrictions and lack of flexible/customizable functionality.

I still use my 3 iPads on a daily basis, but their operating system is outrageously limited compared to Android. I wouldn't dream of going back to silly iPhone.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 08:49 AM   #139
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Record Player meet Broken Record!

Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:17 AM   #140
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Record Player meet Broken Record!

Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote