Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 01-03-2024, 09:00 AM   #1
DeeDee
DeeDee began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino 4 vision
Outdated browser Tolino/BorrowBox

Hi,

When trying to go direct to my library on my tolino, I get as far as the ebooks section, but if I try to log on, I get the following message:

Borrow Box.
You are using an outdated browser that is not supported by this website. Please use the most recent version of e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari or switch to another device.

Tolino uses duckduckgo as their search engine - I have tried switching to Google, but I still get the same message. I also tried conctacing BorrowBox and tolino ... no joy....

I used to be able to logon on to the library and download books direct to my eReader, however that feature has not worked for over a year now and I have to do it using ADE, which I hate doing because it does not work reliably....
Software etc. is up to date...any ideas?
DeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 02:46 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
Software etc. is up to date...any ideas?
No, Tolino Vision 4 is based on Android 4.4.2, so there will hardly be any option
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2024, 08:27 AM   #3
DeeDee

Why not?
Old 01-04-2024, 08:54 AM   #4
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Why not?
Because it's a 10-year-old operating system that is so outdated that it's a pain in the butt to keep your apps compatible.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 10:11 AM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Because it's a 10-year-old operating system that is so outdated that it's a pain in the butt to keep your apps compatible.
Yup, OP can try https://support.mozilla.org/kn/questions/1370205
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2024, 11:46 AM   #6
DeeDee

Wow, I will definitely try that....will keep you posted. Thank you
Old 01-05-2024, 07:43 AM   #7
DeeDee

That, unfortunately did not work....file format not supported.
Guess I will have to continue with ADE? Pity, I am otherwise really happy with the eReader.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:14 AM   #8
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Have you tried https://github.com/plateaukao/einkbro?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 10:18 AM   #9
DeeDee

Hi,
Have tried downboading that onto the tolino - I got as far as the page where Google Play asked me what device , ie. telephone or tablet I want to use it on - the tolino itself is not listed and from what I can see in Google Assistant, I cannot add it.
Tried using F-Droid to download einkbro but that did not work ... not there yet, but getting closer?
Old 01-07-2024, 10:26 AM   #10
DeeDee

This what I get....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 16.22.38_36df416e.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	205647  
Old 01-07-2024, 01:12 PM   #11
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
That, unfortunately did not work....file format not supported.
Guess I will have to continue with ADE? Pity, I am otherwise really happy with the eReader.
That makes no sense. Did you get the proper apk from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mobile/r...-api-16/en-US/ ?

Do you know how to install APKs from outside the play store?
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 11:20 PM   #12
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
This what I get....
Do you even start a launcher or the Tolino app when you boot up?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 03:51 PM   #13
DeeDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
That makes no sense. Did you get the proper apk from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mobile/r...-api-16/en-US/ ?

Yes, still getting file not supported....

Do you know how to install APKs from outside the play store?
I think so....is there something special that I am not aware of ???
Old 01-08-2024, 03:53 PM   #14
DeeDee

Pleaase see the following
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.53.16_e462314f.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	205679  
Old 01-08-2024, 03:56 PM   #15
DeeDee

No, I do not start a launcher, the tolino has the duckduckgo as the default web browser - I can change this if I want.
As I am on the tolino itself, I am not using the tolino app...