Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 01:40 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
13.1 firmware

(Not yet officially supported for any Tolinos except for the newest ones, but I tried it on my Page.)

From https://www.en24.news/2019/10/even-t...om-tolino.html

Quote:
The new readers are already delivered with the latest Tolino software. Among other things, the version 13.1 should bring a significantly lower minimum brightness of the lighting, a dark mode with inverted display (test stage) and an improved magnification mode for people with visual impairment. With the exception of the first Shine, all previous Tolinos receive the new firmware via update.
So it looks like all Tolinos (except for the original Shine, which is already lagging behind) will get the newest firmware and a "dark mode" (inverted display).

Posted elsewhere, but this is what it looked like on my Page (I've since reverted back to 12.2.0).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191024_214249.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	174517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191024_213301.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	174518  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:27 PM   #2
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
How did you try it? It is not yet available.
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
If this comes to older Tolinos I'll be curious to see what the white on black looks like in person. I've tried white on black on my phone and didn't like it but maybe it will be better on e-ink.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
How did you try it? It is not yet available.
I downloaded it from here (it's listed under Epos 2, Vision 5 and Page 2). I guess it's the German Tolino website but, oddly, it still shows 11.2.3 for most of the other readers? And it's showing 13.1.1 for the new Tolinos but the link goes to 13.1.0.

https://mytolino.de/tolino-updates/

Or, directly (copy and paste)...

download-test.pageplace.de/ereader/beta/13.1.0/alldevs/update.zip

Last edited by rcentros; 10-25-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
If this comes to older Tolinos I'll be curious to see what the white on black looks like in person. I've tried white on black on my phone and didn't like it but maybe it will be better on e-ink.
I liked it on the Page, but not sure how it would look on one of the front lit readers. It was much clearer than then my lousy pictures indicated. Even on the firmware 13.1.0 firmware this feature is called "beta." So it looks like they have some work to do yet.
Advert
Old 10-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found an English-language Tolino update info site
https://mytolino.com/service/updates/

My reader is on version 12.2.0

I'm not going to mess with the beta version of 13
Old 10-25-2019, 10:56 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I found an English-language Tolino update info site
https://mytolino.com/service/updates/

My reader is on version 12.2.0

I'm not going to mess with the beta version of 13
This is where I normally go, but there's no 13.1 available on the English site. You'll notice that I only messed with the beta on the Page, not on my Epos or Vision 4. But it looks like it's easy to "downgrade" software on a Tolino. (I guess so long as you don't brick the device — fortunately the Tolinos have a reset button, I needed it several times for this experiment.)

I was just curious if they made any major changes. The inverted screen might be nice, but I'll wait for the official release now.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:05 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard

As always, nice of you to do the experiment and report back so the rest of us don't have to
Old 10-26-2019, 05:51 PM   #9
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
So isn't the firmware only for the new models as written on the website?
And also, is it a beta, despite not specified?
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
So isn't the firmware only for the new models as written on the website?
And also, is it a beta, despite not specified?
It says "beta" on the download link, but that's what's installed on the new Tolinos (I think). I don't know if there will be a difference between 13.1 for the Page and the Vision 5 (for example), but the version specified for the Page 2, Vision 5 and Epos 5 is what I tried on my Page. I do know that my Page locked up and that I've read (on German sites) that 13.1 also locked up Vision 4s, so I wouldn't plan on updating with this particular download — I just wanted to see what new features were coming out. I've reverted back to 12.2.0 on my Page for now.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:45 AM   #11
Phylanx
Phylanx began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 5
Hey there, I have a question regarding the downgrade.
It relates to rooting my Tolino Vision 5, because I can't get the root done as described here: https://allesebook.de/anleitung/toli...b-root-980665/ (it's the only guide I found)
I can't see my device as unknown device in the device manager and add the custom drivers which are needed for the next step.

I tried just downloading the firmware from the website and installing it as stated there. Didn't work. I would like to downgrade cause I feat thar fastboot got disabled in the new version and that's why I can't see the reader as unknown device on my computer.
Phylanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:50 AM   #12
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylanx View Post
It relates to rooting my Tolino Vision 5, because I can't get the root done as described here: https://allesebook.de/anleitung/toli...b-root-980665/ (it's the only guide I found)
Use Epos2, Vision5, Page2 und weitere Android Anwendungen
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote