Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-30-2014, 02:37 AM   #1
alphane
alphane began at the beginning.

Device: PB622
Lightbulb [Solved] Help! Big PB customizing jacket template

Hello,
I would very much appreciate help on that one because I'm baffled.

I'd customized my Jacket template by replacing {tags} by a custom column {_texttags} and it did work fine ... until it suddenly stopped working without my changing anything!
And even more astonishing I've created another calibre DB for the purpose of testing and there the customized template still works fine !!

So the problem seems related to one calibre DB but not to calibre itself. I can't figure it out because,I did'nt change anything. Deliberatly, that is.

Is there something to check/uncheck that says you can or cannot use custom column in template : I could't find anything.

Or ... what ? I have no idea what to look at ? And I just refreshed all the jackets in my DB so now they are all wrongs... Could anyone help me, please ?

Thank you

Last edited by alphane; 04-30-2014 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Solved
alphane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:15 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphane View Post
I'd customized my Jacket template by replacing {tags} by a custom column {_texttags} and it did work fine ... until it suddenly stopped working without my changing anything!
I bet you did change something, you upgraded calibre. If you change the template in calibre's \resources\jacket\ folder it will be overwritten when you update calibre. You need to create an equivalent resources folder (explained here in the manual) in your settings folder add the \resources\jacket\ directory (see attached) and place the modified template there and the template will never be over written.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_settings.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	122342  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
alphane
alphane began at the beginning.

Device: PB622
Quote:
You need to create an equivalent resources folder (explained here in the manual) in your settings folder add the \resources\jacket\ directory (see attached) and place the modified template there and the template will never be over written.
But I have ! That is what is funny.

Anyhow you are right something must have been changed even if for the life of me I couldn't figure how...

Because I found what was not working and this is it :
you can put a custom column like I described but not in a tag of cbj_tag class. And that's it : I put it in <td> tag and it works.

So I'm giving it as a tip as I had trouble finding how to's about custom column in template.

And I thank you very much for your kind answer, DoctorOhh.
alphane is offline   Reply With Quote