Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Ah no, this is a misunderstanding of what I meant.

Use this as 'Template' in step 3 (Define how you want to SORT Sony Collections)
Code:
{author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>5.1f} - {title}
and use this as 'Source template' of both Metadata Plugboards
Code:
{author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>5.1f}
Using your example, you should see on the PRST1
1st line: Twilight
2nd line: Meyer, Stephenie - The Twilight Saga 001.0

If it's still not working then perhaps you should try doing it in 2 stages:
  • Revisit the instructions, check every step and use exact same settings as I used for the PRST1. Connect PRST1 to calibre. Once its finished its connection routine, disconnect. Make sure all the series info is visible. Does your reader Booklist now resemble the PRS650 image (without the rolodex initials down the righthand side)?
  • If 'no', I'm stumped
  • If 'yes', you can go back to the steps above and replace
    Code:
    {series_index:0>2s}
    with
    Code:
    {series_index:0>5.1f}
    in all the templates.

P.S I'm glad you're going out. It's 2:30am here, I'm off to bed.
Well, that all worked like a charm, somewhere along the way I messed up the numbers/title tags, but just got rid of what I'd done and started from scratch again and it all worked beautifully! I think I stumbled because the KoboTouch was basically just adding the plugboard, not creating columns and such, but it's all great now and exactly what I wanted!

I apologize for bothering you and thank you again so very much for your patience and kindness.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #47
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You're welcome. Have to try to keep Sony users happy
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #48
BelgarionNL
BelgarionNL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
hey Jackie_w,

I was wondering if you use Goodreads.com ( http://www.goodreads.com/review/list...helf=%23ALL%23 ) to track what you want/are/will read?

on the prs650 it can track how many pages you read so far and I was hoping that it was possible to move a book from folder: to-read --> reading --> read! and everytime I connect the prs650 to pc to charge it also syncs with calibre and that changes the 3 tags.

this will then change on goodreads that I finished a book or that I am reading one!
BelgarionNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgarionNL View Post
hey Jackie_w,

I was wondering if you use Goodreads.com ( http://www.goodreads.com/review/list...helf=%23ALL%23 ) to track what you want/are/will read?

on the prs650 it can track how many pages you read so far and I was hoping that it was possible to move a book from folder: to-read --> reading --> read! and everytime I connect the prs650 to pc to charge it also syncs with calibre and that changes the 3 tags.

this will then change on goodreads that I finished a book or that I am reading one!
No, I have absolutely no interest in sharing my reading habits with the world, nor in reading other people's lists. I'm afraid the whole 'social networking' thing is a mystery to me. Maybe it's my age

It would be easy enough to mark your books as to-be-read/reading/read in calibre and have the info transferred to your Sony every time you connect -- either as Collections or as a suffix to the book title.

There is a calibre plugin called Goodreads Sync which may be of interest to you, but I've never used it myself so can't really comment further.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #50
BelgarionNL
BelgarionNL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
already using this!

and its not so much so I can share it with the world but more so I can look it up on my phone!

With goodreads I can check if I have a certain book when I am at friends/ bookstore etc.
BelgarionNL is offline   Reply With Quote