Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #16
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

For calibre, the only change is to bump the supported version numbers. I have checked in this change and it should be in the next calibre release. Until then, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option on the driver.
Not to sure about that.

See my post here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342736
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:21 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Not to sure about that.

See my post here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342736
That is definitely not the case. I have tested this on all my devices with the beta firmware leading up to 4.30.18838 and with 4.30.18838. Everything is working.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2021, 11:03 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
But I did as you suggested. I guess when calibre updates to a later version, i should disable this "Attempt to support newer firmware" option, yes?
Personally, I just leave it enabled all the time. If there is ever an issue, I suspect it will be well publicized here.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:06 AM   #19
Pkraftr
Pkraftr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi,
Still didn't succeeded to update the firmware on my Kobo Sage.
Currently in version 4.29.18730. I have tried to restart the Sage several time and launch "Check firmware updates" with no success.The reader synchronize everything except the firmware update.
Pkraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:14 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkraftr View Post
Hi,
Still didn't succeeded to update the firmware on my Kobo Sage.
Currently in version 4.29.18730. I have tried to restart the Sage several time and launch "Check firmware updates" with no success.The reader synchronize everything except the firmware update.
Which is not unexpected. Kobo does not release firmware to all devices in one go. It releases based on the affiliate and geolocation. They start with some smaller affiliates and then expand to other affiliates after a bit. In the past, it could take a month to reach everyone. It happens faster now, but, it probably still takes a couple of weeks.

If you want it earlier, you can manually install it, or change your affiliate to one of the ones that get it early.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2021, 08:30 AM   #21
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
Battery seems a little bit better on my Libra2. Lost 1% after one hour of reading. WiFi and Bluetooth off, lightning at 15%

Last edited by redlob; 11-03-2021 at 08:35 AM.
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:11 AM   #22
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlob View Post
Battery seems a little bit better on my Libra2. Lost 1% after one hour of reading. WiFi and Bluetooth off, lightning at 15%
Wow, let's hope it's the same on my Aura One. 😊
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:04 AM   #23
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Elipsa users now have an actual option to turn the Bluetooth off.
Was it an imaginary option before?
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 03:28 AM   #24
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
wi-fi turning on when it should be off + battery

I was reading on the Sage last night when suddenly I saw the wi-fi turning on and start synchronizing. I tried to turn it off, and it refused because it was synchronizing. The fan turned white but the arrows kept turning. To be clear, the first thing I do when I have a new reader or after a reset is to turn off the automatic syncing. Furthermore, I always have the patch "always show confirmation dialog before upgrading" on - because I do very occasionally turn the wi-fi on to actualize Pocket or to look up something in wikipedia.

The battery drops remain dramatic in this F/W. With wi-fi and bluetooth off, light at 30% an natural light 3 steps up, it dropped from 55% to 24% in a 2h40 plain reading - and it shouldn't have been at 55% to begin with. And it dropped from 21% to 16% in 70 minutes.
I'm done with calibrating: I went the full cycle thrice already, and I don't want it to turn off while on the go, plus I sync with the Elipsa almost every day.
Does any insider know whether Kobo considers that normal or do they plan to do something in a future F/W? I doubt Fnac would consider it sufficient reason to take it back.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:52 AM   #25
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Re: bluetooth and wifi turning on automatically--I've noticed that simply looking at the bluetooth menu is enough to turn on both bluetooth AND wifi. I don't know if it is turning on at other times without my knowledge, but in my opinion just looking at a specific setting should never trigger it to turn ON when I have the setting toggled to OFF.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:56 AM   #26
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Re: bluetooth and wifi turning on automatically--I've noticed that simply looking at the bluetooth menu is enough to turn on both bluetooth AND wifi. I don't know if it is turning on at other times without my knowledge, but in my opinion just looking at a specific setting should never trigger it to turn ON when I have the setting toggled to OFF.
I just tested and confirmed this - egregious! I hope someone can write a patch to stop this nasty behavior.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:02 PM   #27
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
This precise behavior was reported (by me) when the Elipsa was released. It's not surprising it also exists with the Sage.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 03:09 PM   #28
Nirekeyaki
Nirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Libra 2 - Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
This precise behavior was reported (by me) when the Elipsa was released. It's not surprising it also exists with the Sage.
The same thing happens in Libra 2. Hopefully they fix it soon, because it is very annoying.
Nirekeyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:20 PM   #29
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirekeyaki View Post
The same thing happens in Libra 2. Hopefully they fix it soon, because it is very annoying.
I wouldn't hold my breath. I've been dealing with it since June of this year with no fix.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #30
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
So the only way around the ereader wifi and bluetooth connecting is to stop the device that's hotspotting the wifi and connecting the bluetooth from looking for the kobo device. (By turning off auto access.) (Sounds a bit double dutch, but you get the gist)

The ereader will continue to look for reception, but won't find any.

It's a workaround, but how darn annoying that it's triggered and doesn't take no for an answer, lol.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release