Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-20-2020, 10:56 PM   #1
Tazling
Tazling began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Marvin
Question Happy Marvin user with one n00b Q re highlighting text

I've now read thousands of pages with Marvin, and am completely happy with it. One thing though that I'm a little curious about, is whether I can somehow highlight and "remember" favourite passages from a book, i.e. highlight a wonderful sentence or useful fact while reading, and then later browse a list of all my highlighted text passages.

I did try highlighting, for fun, but got a bit confused as Marvin seemed to want to translate or do dictionary lookup for me, which wasn't my intention. I did Google around a bit looking for "how to save highlighted quotes in Marvin" and similar search terms, but so far haven't found an answer. So if this is a really stupid question, please forgive.

I sure wish the dev would hand off the source to someone else to keep it going, because I'll be heartbroken the day that Apple finally breaks Marvin with one of their iOS updates. In fact, I might just stop updating the iPad I do most of my reading on, so I don't lose my beloved Marvin.
Tazling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:21 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
On the menu that pops up after selecting text, the highlight icon is the one that looks like a pencil.

There are even several ways to access annotations.

Within the book:
Table of Contents -> Annotations
Menu -> Show journal and annotations

In Library View:
Menu or Sidebar -> Annotations and journal
Menu or Sidebar -> Tags

You can also export to various formats: CSV, HTML, PDF, EPUB.

There's also Marvin->Marvin export for sharing to another device with Marvin since Marvin doesn't sync annotations.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2020, 02:53 PM   #3
Tazling
Tazling began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Marvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
On the menu that pops up after selecting text, the highlight icon is the one that looks like a pencil.

You can also export to various formats: CSV, HTML, PDF, EPUB.
Thanks very much for explaining what probably should have been obvious... Marvin is so feature-rich that it's almost intimidating!
Tazling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlighting, quotes, reference