Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Transferring Koreader Stats/config to new device?

Do I just copy my .kobo folder to my new device? Was looking through the koreader wiki but didn't see anything specifically about this. I would like to transfer all my stats and book progress(es) to my new forma.

Thanks!
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by radbaddude View Post
Do I just copy my .kobo folder to my new device? Was looking through the koreader wiki but didn't see anything specifically about this. I would like to transfer all my stats and book progress(es) to my new forma.
Almost definitely not. The .kobo folder contains Kobo specific things such as the purchased kepubs, the database and configuration for nickel. If you are using Koreader, I would hope it didn't go near this directory. The Koreader stats should be elsewhere. I would recommend asking about it in the Koreader forum.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #3
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Almost definitely not. The .kobo folder contains Kobo specific things such as the purchased kepubs, the database and configuration for nickel. If you are using Koreader, I would hope it didn't go near this directory. The Koreader stats should be elsewhere. I would recommend asking about it in the Koreader forum.
Ah that makes sense. Derp. thanks!
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Dunno about the Kobo but on the Kindle, all KOReader settings are self-contained inside the koreader folder.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote